Need some Power Tuner help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some Power Tuner help.

I have been working on my project for a long time. 7 years and counting. Life gets in the way sometimes.

Anyways. I have a 1991 Beretta. I have swapped out the engine to a 2002 3400. It is running OBDII currently. I have a Power Tuner. When I bought the tuner I registered it to a 2002 Grand Am 1G2NF12E32C151309. The car will start and run, but I don't have an EGR or an Rear O2. I also have a manual in it. Car doesn't have ABS or SRS. The BIN file below is the current PCM file. I can only read it when I am hooked up.

I just need a BIN file I can flash and be able to have the car run properly. I have Tiny Tuner also. I'm not trying to tune or do anything like that as of right now. I have looked on the site BIN files and I'm not sure about a lot of stuff so I come asking for help. Also what is OSID.
    Attached Files

Never mind I found a BIN that flashed.

Comment

If you have the 1.2.3 software or 1.2.4 software I believe there is absolutely no restriction on what you can open/edit or flash. Charles unlocked the software just before he closed up shop.

Got Lope?
      3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
      Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
      Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
      12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Humm. I have the 1.2.4 V. It said it didn't support the OSID. Oh well. I used a 1996 Beretta BIN. I was thinking I needed a 3400 BIN. But as for now this will work. I am having starting problems though. Won't fire unless I give it some throttle, then it runs fine. I'm not too worried about the running part just yet. I did take out some DTC from reporting so I hope that will also tell the computer not to even look at sensors.

Comment

Not supporting and osid is different that means it's an older file on the ecu. There were many osids and he didn't map out all of them. Only the latest revisions.

If you have mods to the engine you need to do some tuning to get it to start better... That's just common when you change intake and possible cam components.

Got Lope?
          12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Thanks for clearing up the OSID deal. As far as the engine goes internal and intakes are all stock. Just doesn't have an EGR or an 2nd O2 sensor. I am not to the tuning stage yet, but in my free time I do research. I guess since I turned off reporting for the EGR and O2 does that mean it doesn't look for the sensors at all or what? I could see how not having a 2nd O2 sensor could mess with fuel and start up.

Comment

Those two sensors are for emissions only and have nothing to do with starting or idle condition. What injectors are in it and what IFR is set in the bin?

Got Lope?

Comment

The IFR is set to 0.4591472 mSec/Gram. As for the injectors I have no idea. Stock 2002 3400.

Comment

That will definitely screw up the starting... Your telling the ecu it's set for 17lb/hr yet running 21lb injectors.

Got Lope?

Comment

What should I have my IFR set at? Would I need to change anything else?

Comment

You need to figure out the difference between what the bin is setup for and what you have. A 96 beretta bin is a 17lb injector so divide that into 21 21/17 is 1.23 or 23% larger injector. SO I've always take 23% subtract from 100 and you get 77% and then multiply that by your current IFR since that is msec/gram A larger injector will take less msec to flow a gram of fuel, and it's safe to say 23% less... so you end up with 0.353 or so.

This is one of the most important settings if you ask me and I feel that so many people don't spend enough time ensuring their injector constant is right, they just adjust air flow and lie to the ECU.

Got Lope?

Comment

That's one heck of a formula. So I should just change the IFR to 0.353. This injector talk and bigger injectors made me think about the fuel pump. The fuel pump being used now supplied a 2.2L. Should I need to worry about volume and pressure?

Comment

I changed my IPR to .353 didn't seem to make a major change. I did let the engine warm up and it seemed to idle a lot better. I tried getting a LOG and it didn't record all of my data so Ill have to try that again. I do have a low coolant light on but no faults. That's something I should be able to figure out. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Alright. I'm to the point where the car is moving and can drive but not legally on the road. The car will drive but idles rough and wants to choke out and die. I want this car to run fine before I start putting the body panels back on in case I need to do engine work. What do you need from me to help me out? Also I remembered the injectors are from a 96 3100 Z26. So going to change my IPR back to 17lbs inj.

Comment

Question. I noticed on your IFR formula you had New injector LBS/Old Injector LBS (21/17) Then take the 23% and minus that from 100. Then multiply that by the original IFR (.459). That is where you got .353
                              I read in a tuning site you want to do is take the Old/New Injector. In that case it gave me 80.9%. Open up Tiny Tuner and IFR table- Custom - Multiply and Type in 80.9 and done. The IFR I got was .371 But I was also wondering if the 2000+ 3400 ran 22.5 LBS instead of 21 LBS. Just some questions since Im starting to get into this stage of the project.

Comment

Working...
                              X