Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 Camaro 3.4 PCM with OBD-1.5

Hi All,
    I'm brand new to the site and I have come here at least initially due my dumb luck of having a 94 engine with OBD-1.5 in my 1969 MGB. The car is running great (just finished it) and the check engine light goes off immediately the engine starts so I guess I have no faults at the moment. However I would like to access things in the future if possible but I've been led to understand that it is not possible with OBD-1.5. I installed an OBD-2 port in the car wired correctly (4 wires if I remember well). I purchased good quality OBD1/OBD2 scanner recently but of course it didn't make the connection or recognize the system...so I sold it.
    What choices do I have?
    I would like to monitor basic engine parameters, injector performance, coil operation etc. I don't have VSS currently hooked up and I have been told that it may be a reason why my idle speed takes a momentary dip when I pull up to a stop sign or traffic light although it aways recovers. It's consistently idling at around 650rpm at the moment which seems a little low. I know not to make any physical changes to increase idle speed but perhaps in the future I might have an option to set the idle around 900 rpm via software. All sensors are new and I have gone through the learn procedure several times for the TPI.
    If computer-based software is the solution I do have an older laptop available with serial port. Sorry for the length of the posting so many questions, I'm learning as fast as I can for a 65 year old

what I would suggest here is building/buying an ALDL cable, downloading a copy of tunerpro RT(and the XDF and ADX for P66 V6 applications), choosing between either the CATS or Madtuner flashing program for this PCM and you'll be able to play with pretty much any aspect of PCM operation.

I would suggest getting a VSS integrated when possible.... either through a cable adapter("jags that run" has them I believe) or finding a suitable location to stick a sensor/reluctor.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

If you're running the T5 manual transmision, the VSS is already there and waiting if it came with the engine. No big deal to hook it up. It will matter though if you have an automatic or manual wiring harness and PCM, so give us a little detail on that if you can. The manual transmission ECM/Wiring harness has a clutch switch to help with that idle dip when pulling up to a sign.

I don't know if the BCC conversion harnesses include all the wiring or not, I'm sure they probably remove everything they don't deem "required" just to cut down on the wiring.

Comment

Working...
      X