What Do I have, OBDI or II?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do I have, OBDI or II?

I have a bastard '95 year car but I heard that some of the later production '95s came with OBD IIs. Since my car was made in November, is it possible I have OBD II? How do I find out?

Sorry if this sounds like a basic question, but I want to find out and learn as much about my car's computer system as I can.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS

on my 95's they are obd1 with obd2 interfaces
    1995 camaro 3.4 5-speed

Comment

Well lets put it this way, 94 and 95's are OBD1, but of a flash type, like the OBDII is, not like the older style that you could modify on your own. So basically it is not OBDII.
      1995 Grand Am GT
      3400 V6 / 4T60-E / Engine Swap
      3400 Engine Swap Guide Version 2.5 is Available!
      www.3400swap.com

Comment

isnt it considered obd1.5???

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf
          on my 95's they are obd1 with obd2 interfaces
          So what you're saying is that your connector under the steering wheel by your right leg is the OBD II connector? Weird, mine is the OBD I connectoer.
          1995 Monte Carlo LS

Comment

GM didnt do the OBD2 change straight across the board at the same time. You can have either connector, but its still OBD1 most likely. Sorta like the 3100 starting in the 93 olds cutlass....there are exceptions for the transition years.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

From what I've seen, and I ve seen a lot of 95 cars, they have all been a OBD1 connectors. I wouldn't say it's OBD1.5 either, its just a differnt type of chip, not software as far as I know.
              1995 Grand Am GT
              3400 V6 / 4T60-E / Engine Swap
              3400 Engine Swap Guide Version 2.5 is Available!
              www.3400swap.com

Comment

Well its OBD1 code with OBD2 trouble codes from what I have read. I will have to ask my friend next time I see him and see what he says.
                Ben
                60DegreeV6.com
                WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
                X