Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I went Ford. I miss you guys so much right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I went Ford. I miss you guys so much right now.

I'm posting this in the Computer Related area, because it's about tuning. But if you want to move it, feel free.

WHY ARE FORD TUNERS SUCH ASSHOLES? I just got the 5.0 swap in my '98 Volvo V90 "done". I drove it 3000 miles round trip to the Roadkill Zip-Tie Drags in Tucson AZ less than two weeks after starting and driving the car for the first time. I had already bought a Moates Quarterhorse - I had used their APU1 and TunerPro for my 60Degree stuff, thought I would be able to use TunerPro with the Quarterhorse and my EEC-V ECU. NOPE!

Went to forums looking help, and it's horrible. The people are terrible. I've been messing with cars and tuning long enough to know how to search and ask good questions, but these people are awful. I miss you guys.

I'm going to get an SCT tune through Fast Specialties in Vancouver WA and be done with it. I don't even want to DIY anything with EEC anymore. I would sooner Megasquirt the car and deal with a completely different community.
    '98 Volvo V90 - Ford 5.0 swap in progress
    '96 LR Range Rover 4.6 HSE - suspiciously reliable
    '92 Volvo 740 Wagon - former parts car, now daily-driver beater
    '71 Opel Kadett Wagon - 1.9L CIH w/ Weber DGV 32/36, in bits

A bit about the road trip posted on a Volvo board: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showpo...4&postcount=37

Comment

Yo! You might remember me from such cars as the Buick Century wagon from the Roadkill meetup in Irwindale. Glad to have met you. I really wish I could have joined everyone, but I didn't have the time or budget.
      Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 213-SFI. 250k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!

Comment

Oh hai, yes I remember you. You didn't cruise out to Tucson? The event was pretty cool. Way more people than they expected, so they were short on food trucks and I sat in the staging lanes for hours waiting my turn for a pass. I'm sure they will be better prepared next time.

Comment

Yeah, I left after lunch in Blythe. I didn't have any camping supplies anyway. REALLY need some blankets if you're sleeping in your car in January.
          Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 213-SFI. 250k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!

Comment

Working...
          X