4t60-e on OBD1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4t60-e on OBD1?

Has anyone done this? More specifically in a beretta or under the $A1 mask? I know there is an option for 4 speed tranny, just wondering if it'll work.

doubt it, under a1, the 4t60-e is shifted with 2 solenoids only the 16149396 can do that for obd1

Comment

that is the wbody computer correct? Is it not almost identical to the 730 found in the beretta?

Comment

it is yup, its very simmilar to the 727 and 730 except the i/o are different.
        the 16149396 has extra sram on it for the trans control code
        someone claimed that have used 8f code on it but i said b.s. and they didnt prove it so im not sure what would be needed to make a1 work on it
        may be as simple as re pinning
        but then youd have the problems of no trans control code in the a1

Comment

Hmm... So technically I could use the 16149396, with lets say the 3.4 dohc chip to start, and do some tuning from there? Actually I see they also used this computer to control a 3.1 in the w-body.

Comment

I've run a 9396 ECM on my 94 Beretta (3100/4T60E). Just had some tuning issues that we could never resolve. I gave up on the project, sold everything and then someone brought up an issue with keeping the sensor grounds together per the wiring diagram. Did that cause the issues we (Ben and I) were having? Most likely, but not for certain. I could probably dig up all the documentation I have on the project. Hell, alot of it is probably still on the forum somewhere...
            -Brad-
            89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
            sigpic
            Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

That would be great.

Comment

And the new location for the incomplete guide is:

I really need to put it into a site article and then also at least try to wrap it up more. It was something I had started a few years back, but other things took precedence, and then it just was forgotten.
                -Brad-
                89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                sigpic
                Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Awesome. Thanks alot. I think since we are not starting with the 6397 computer, I will just swap the whole harness from a w-body. Seems easier.

Comment

I have all the parts needed for the SWAP for sale

Corey's 95 GP - Engine/Trans installed
                    02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
                    www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

Originally posted by sil View Post
                      it is yup, its very simmilar to the 727 and 730 except the i/o are different.
                      Got any details on how the I/O is different? I am curious onhat you have found.

the 16149396 has extra sram on it for the trans control code
                      someone claimed that have used 8f code on it but i said b.s. and they didnt prove it
                      I suppose that would be me...

DFI and ECM - 16149396 vs 1227727 - While searching for some info I stumbled across this information. If this is true does that mean that I can run $8D on a 16149396 ecm? Info found at Untitled Document (http://www.w-body.com/inside-stuff/ecm-pcm.html) ...Cars with the 91-93 3.4L DOHC V6 use a 16149396 PCM, which is...

I did not see the bs comment, but I still have no idea how to "prove" to you that my TGP with $8F code runs well using a 9396, or the TPI in the vette runs fine using $8D in a 9396.

so im not sure what would be needed to make a1 work on it
                      may be as simple as re pinning but then youd have the problems of no trans control code in the a1
                      Scot

Comment

oh, must have been thinking it "bs thoughts" lol

ill have to burn an 8f chip and throw it in my 9396
                        so you didnt do any re pinning of any wires at all ?

that would be great if i did get it working, much less work NOT swapping ecus

allthough i would need a different tranny... manual swap perhaps
                        or piggy back another 9396 lol
                        Last edited by sil; 12-13-2006, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X