BLM/INT relationship and coolant/ BLM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLM/INT relationship and coolant/ BLM

I am curious about the relationship between BLM and INT. Here is my theory, correct me if I am wrong. I think BLM is a range and the INT is within that range I.E. a BLM of 126 and an INT of 136 is richer than a BLM of 128 with an INT of 115. Am on the right track?
    I ask because I am seeing a 126 BLM and a 130 INT. according to the blm I am rich but if my theory is wrong the INT is lean and which way am I supposed to go?

Also in which table does coolant temp affect BLM, while cold I am slightly rich but as it warms up it gets richer.
    White '89 Beretta GTU with a 3400 under the hood. only a tranzgenic CAI so far!

BLM and INT are trims, they multiply together to get the final trim. To figure out the actual trim multiplier, divide the numerical value by 128.
    For example, if you have a BLM of 135, you calculate 135/128 = 1.054.
    If you have INT of 142, then 142/128 = 1.109.
    Multiply INT and BLM together: 1.109 * 1.054 = 1.169. This means you have a total fuel pulse width multiplier of 1.169. Your ECM will run the injectors at 116.9% of the pulse width indicated by the fueling tables.
    So... INT and BLM do the same thing. The ECM changes INT in the short term to maintain 14.7:1 air/fuel ratio, and the BLM is adjusted SLOWLY until INT = 128 (no INT trim). There is actually a table of BLMs so that there can be different long-term fuel trim for different parts of the fuel table in case one area needs to be leaner and another richer.
    Last edited by series8217; 06-08-2007, 01:31 PM.

Comment

OK, I think I got it, and I think you helped me out with the BLM/ coolant temp ? also.
      Crank fuel Pulse width-VS.- coolant temp (in Tunerpro) is where I would fix the getting richer as it warms up?

thanks for the help!
      White '89 Beretta GTU with a 3400 under the hood. only a tranzgenic CAI so far!

Comment

Working...
      X