No announcement yet.

$A1 Tunerpro XDF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well what can i say... i'm picky. if i can tune it how i like, then i will, no matter what it is.
    Andy

sigpic

fastest 1/8: 10.19@ 67.17
    fastest 1/4: 16.16@ 82.70

62mm TB, 1.6 roller tip rockers, Ostrich 2.0, UD pulley, TB heater bypass, K&N, 180* stat, No cat, 99Grand AM dual cooling fans. 4T65E swap FDR 3.69, EP LSD, F.A.S.T. transmission controller, TransGo shift kit.

Comment

there is alot of unused stuff in the $A1 bin.. random things for a HUD, bunch of shift tables for an electronic tranny and some other junk..

the code dissassembly is in the 2nd reply, 1st link

open it up in Wordpad.. you'll see what i mean after looking.
      Past Builds;
      1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
      1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
      Current Project;
      1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Just an update on $A1.xdf...
        I've put in about 8 hours of time so far, and I have about 2/3 of all the tables entered, and probably about 1/10th of all the constants. There's a lot more constants then I initally thought lol.
        I've been grouping everything with the categories, it is pretty much necessary with this many items.

I'm going kind of slow, but I'm making sure everything is correct, clear and well laid out. In the description field, I'm pasting the exact line from the $A1 documented hack.

The reason why I haven't put in more time is because I've been tuning my car at the same time. So my time is split about 60/40 towards tuning. All in all, it's going fairly well IMO.

Comment

hell, who cares? it's awesome someone with the resources is taking their time to put this XDF file together. it's appreciated!
          Andy

sigpic

62mm TB, 1.6 roller tip rockers, Ostrich 2.0, UD pulley, TB heater bypass, K&N, 180* stat, No cat, 99Grand AM dual cooling fans. 4T65E swap FDR 3.69, EP LSD, F.A.S.T. transmission controller, TransGo shift kit.

Comment

Another update... I've put another 4 hours in today.
            I've got every table that GMPCM had, but.... I've noticed that GMPCM wasn't complete. There's another 20 or so tables that they didn't include. So I'm now about 90% complete on the tables now.

Time to get working on the constants hehe.
            Last edited by discostu; 08-15-2008, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Good work and much appreciated on taking your time with this code. Not many or anybody would take the time to decode the hex into real life peramiters. I would use caution on the GMPCM mask file. Its been known to have wrong peramiters. At least the 8F code they made, had some errors. Good luck.
              88 Beretta GTU turbo . 90 Black ASC/McLaren TGP, awaiting 4t80. 2003 Grand AM se 3400/4t45 daily grind.

Comment

Originally posted by TurboGTU View Post
                Good work and much appreciated on taking your time with this code. Not many or anybody would take the time to decode the hex into real life peramiters. I would use caution on the GMPCM mask file. Its been known to have wrong peramiters. At least the 8F code they made, had some errors. Good luck.
                I'm not decoding hex. That's already been done for me. I'm using the 727_730_a1.doc documented breakdown of $A1.

And I know of the errors in GMPCM. I'm only using GMPCM as a template on which items I have to add, and how to categorize them properly. I'm being as meticulous as I possibly can, trying to get everything right.

Comment

I still don't get why you are putting so much time into something that's allready been done for you...

the $A1 def that i posted has been used by hundreds of people for longer then most of use have owned these engines/cars. I've even added some important things to it for those of us who are running large cams.. even added the controls for the shift light like GMPCM had.
                  Past Builds;
                  1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                  1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                  Current Project;
                  1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Because there's lots of good/important stuff missing, and it's horribly disorganized.
                    Plus, it's my way of giving something to the community.

Comment

Or it's one of those personal challenges, which turns into a project.
                      Andy

sigpic

Comment

well....how are we doing?
                        Andy

sigpic

Comment

I've been puttering away at it... Somewhat slowly I might add.
                          I've got all of the tables done, and about 20% of the constants done.

I've been sidetracked lately, I haven't been able to work on it much. I'm shooting at finishing it around Halloween if all goes well. Early Christmas present for the 60*v6 community from me lol?

Comment

can you give us a sample of what you've gotten done?
                            Andy

sigpic

Comment

I sure can.
                              I'll post version 0.5 tomorrow haha.

Comment

sweet! you're awesome man!
                                Andy

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X