No announcement yet.

3.4/3500 datalogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My car is a 7730 f-body but the v6. Here is pinouts for all f-body cars from 82-92. A couple weeks ago I tried the aujp in my car, it started and idled but died at throttle. I assumed it was just the ve tables but not for sure. I'm aiming to try it again. http://www.austinthirdgen.org/index.php?pid=19

Comment

Man I don't know. My Int's varies all over the place. Does this log look better or worse? And if you seen the other post I have changed my ae/tps back and got another log.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by 923.4v6; 12-31-2008, 06:04 PM.

Comment

that data log looks so much better! your 02 is alllll over the place. work with idle tables, then cruise and light acceleration. you want to get the daily driving pretty close first. then start playing with the higher rpm and kpa values. no WOT untill you get the full range fairly decent. it does look like at 60 mph, and steady 45-50 kpa, you've really got a great VE! i like to keep my numbers, INT/BLM, slightly below 128. 128= 14.7 AFR. that way, when i jump on the gas--15% to 50%, the engine isn't starting out on the lean side, and working to richen. it's more prone to detonation that way.

your data log looks a lot like mine. lean, INT above 128, at kpa of 25-35ish and pig rich at 70-85 kpa. iirc you can take INT/BLM and that equals % change in VE. for example, your at 80 kpa, INT is 109, 109/128 = .85 - 100. so you subtract 15% VE. if INT is 147, 147/128 = 1.148. so add 15% VE. i made small adjustments of +- 2% VE. i wanted to be sure i didn't really make things screwy. i had to start over 3-4 times from the stock tables, but now i've gotten things pretty close. much better than it was.
        Andy

sigpic

fastest 1/8: 10.19@ 67.17
        fastest 1/4: 16.16@ 82.70

62mm TB, 1.6 roller tip rockers, Ostrich 2.0, UD pulley, TB heater bypass, K&N, 180* stat, No cat, 99Grand AM dual cooling fans. 4T65E swap FDR 3.69, EP LSD, F.A.S.T. transmission controller, TransGo shift kit.

Comment

Didn't accomplish anything today. But I did read where if you have your blms close to turn off the ae and de to tune the ve table closer and then tune the ae/de. I know that ae/de causes my int's to variey alot and can't tell for sure if it's in the ve table or the ae/de. I didn't see de in my mask but just seen that it's in the full version that was posted on here a couple months back. Bad news is that I wont get to try anything till sunday or monday.

Comment

AE will be a quick and short duration INT change. ie. cruise with INT of 120 at 60 mph with 12% tps. then change tps to ~18%, if AE isn't right on then the INT will either go up or down for a second, then settle back to 120--assuming 12% tps and 60 mph again. you know when you are in DE...well, while i'm decelerating, i don't care what INT is. the ECM knows it's in DE, so the INT will read lean, or higher than 128. don't forget, one second can give A LOT of info, and it's easy to nit pick.
            Andy

sigpic

62mm TB, 1.6 roller tip rockers, Ostrich 2.0, UD pulley, TB heater bypass, K&N, 180* stat, No cat, 99Grand AM dual cooling fans. 4T65E swap FDR 3.69, EP LSD, F.A.S.T. transmission controller, TransGo shift kit.

Comment

ok I didn't know that the ae shot lasted a second, that was probably messing with me. If i'm at say 18% tps and ease off to say 12% even though it says I stayed in part throttle mode does it still cut back on fuel using the de settings? I've been logging and changing ve's one way and the other way the next time. I believe i've been changing them while in ae/de. I'm thinking about changing my sample rate to about 2 a second for a while. Looks like if I turned off the ae/de like I read it would just show me lean when I accelerated. One more thing is if my ae tps @12.51 is set at 1.15 and I want it to get a smaller shot of gas would I go higher or lower than 1.15?
              Last edited by 923.4v6; 01-02-2009, 11:17 AM.

Comment

nooooo, the ae doesn't last a second. i'm saying in your datalog, the way you have the sample rate, is about 8-10 samples per second. SO you have about s second to watch the data swing. if you were to change the sample rate to 1 Hz, you would rarely see a swing, and if you did, it'd be small.

when letting off the throttle, it doesn't go into de. de is allowed when off the throttle, then after X amount of time it will enter fuel cutoff. INT will most likely go down since their is a sudden lack of air, thus enriching the mixture. if you turn off ae you'll have a massive bog when you give more throttle. multiplier is a multiplier. ae of 1.50 X 1.15 is 2.65, and ae of 1.50 X .75 is 1.12. bigger is more and in what i've found so far, in all tables. you also have 'pump shot' (ae async pulse multiplier vs. delta tps) and you also have how long the shot lasts (accel enrich factor vs. ae pluse). i did find changing that made a difference.
                Andy

sigpic

Comment

Sorry for all the dumb questions. So AE PULSE MULTI. VS TPS is the pump shot of gas, and the AE FACTOR VS AE PULSE is how long the shot last. Is there any ae/ve tables that I don't need to be looking at at this time? Also in this log sample 326 shows 1800 rpms@ 72kpa=int of 103 also sample 275 shows 1800@ 63kpa= int of 158. Now the thing is in my ve table 1200-2400 range my kpa's at 60 is 37, then at 70's its at 28, then jumps up into mid 50's from 80 up. What would cause this. I also put my bin in if you want to see what kind of mess I may have it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

your main concern is just the AE and VE. there is the base VE table. that only VE vs. RPM. good for tuning higher than 4800 rpm. here's what I was talking about earlier, and i didn't know about the open loop tuning:

it's best to get a wideband, force open loop, get your ve table right, and fine tune it in closed loop.

High BLM (using a BLM of 140 and VE table value of 65 as an example):

1. Divide the BLM value by 128, result 1.09
                    2. Multiply the BLM value at that RPM/kpa point by 1.09 ; (65 * 1.09) = 71.09
                    3. Enter that new value in the table, repeat a test run.

Low BLM (using a BLM of 110 and VE table value of 65 as an example):

1. Divide the BLM value by 128, result 1.16
                    2. Divide the BLM value at that RPM/kpa point by 1.16 ; (65 / 1.16) = 56.03
                    3. Enter that new value in the table, repeat a test run.
                    Andy

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X