Ecm Tuning on a 95 grand am 3.1?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ecm Tuning on a 95 grand am 3.1?????

Can anyone point me in the right way. I need help finding a tunable ecm so I can boost it. I need to change the air fuel ratio, and other things. I have the custom built intake and plentium to boost it but now i have to get the ecm so I can do it???? Any takers on how or where I could find the ecm that I could use. Everything is stock except the heads and intake. I have rebuilt the entire motor hoping for this boost then came across this problem with the ecm after sticking the money in the motor so I could boost it then forgot that this is a obd 1.5 that cant be easily tuned. LMAO. It is the 3.1 was 189cid but is now 200cid. I want to put a few psi in to this motor which isn't much but its about what I need to get the little extra that I want, maybe later going EXTREME with boost but untill I get something else to drive, its just a few psi lol

Do a search for Mega-Squirt. That would probably be the best option for you...
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

I would think if there was an ECM swap to happen, going to an OBD1 GM ECM, such as the ''7730 (underdash) or '7727 (underhood) would be the best option.

Get to keep the VSS and related outputs (speedo and cruise), along with many more adjustable tables and constants than I have seen with the MS.

Swapping to an OBDII PCM could also be done, but has less documentation, and tuning them is usually more expensive for the equipment than OBDI.

If tranny controls were needed (for electronic automatic tranny) then there's a 16197427 (I think that's the number), ECM from the later TBI GM trucks that were equipped with the "E-" trannies. There is documentation and files on tuning these ECMs as well.

Comment

i have a tci tranny controller for the tranny all ready. thanks for all the input so far from everyone.

Comment

Working...
        X