New to Tuining?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Tuining?

Howdy everyone I just picked up a 92 Z-34 a couple weeks back, I'm new to this platform of car. So I'm looking for advice on the WOT-Tech chip from what I've seen it looks pretty straight forward, but I have a few questions about my options. Like what settings I should use and what not. My p/n rev limiter, in gear rev limiter and my thermostat setting what best will suit my needs.

Thermostat is a physical item and is programmed based on that. Stock is 195 degrees. p/n limiter should be stock because no one needs to get higher RPM in park or neutral. In gear 7000 is sufficient for the auto trans.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Thanks allot I was confused about the p/n rev limiter and so I kept the stock thermostat so 195 is good. A few more questions how hard is the chip to install, what kind of preformance can I see from changing the shift points?

Comment

The computer is located under your coolant overflow tank and is bolted in with 2 or 3 10mm nuts. The cover on the computer is 4 1/4" or 7mm bolts. 2 tabs to remove the chip, install the stock chip onto the adapter with our chip on it, and reinstall. Its pretty simple if you have basic tools. Shift points has been hit and miss for customers. Some like it stock, some like it raised. You are welcome to try them raised and if you don't like it, send the chip back to have that part reflashed to stock again. Performance is noticable, with 8 or 9 more WHP and a powerband that doesn't drop off after 5500 like stock.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
        X