setting up a wideband through EGR for OBD1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setting up a wideband through EGR for OBD1

Was there a patch for A1? I never did this so I don't remember what it takes to make an Innovate LC1 or any other wideband work through scanning in tunerpro. Searched...didn't see it but it might be buried in a thread about something else. Did see the tuning article on here is outdated now though:P
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

I think I use one of the A/C inputs for my wideband signal. No patch needed just need to edit the adx file
    '89 Firebird, 3500 Turbo, T56, 9-bolt/4.11
    '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

I don't know how to edit the ADX file and do anything productive. If thats all it is, we should be able to have files for using EGR, and any other possible inputs. That or maybe an article on how to make it work for whatever, but I have a feeling most people don't want to deal with that. DL and done.
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

the wideband through a/c pressure is pretty simple since a/c pressure is already reported in the datastream. just an edit to the ADX or an alternative ADX would work.

EGR position is doable as well, but requires a patched BIN and modified ADX, IIRC.
        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
        Latest nAst1 files here!
        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

That's something that would make or atleast help tuning a lot easier. Interested in setting it up.

Sent from my iPhone
          sigpic
          1994 Oldsmobile Cultass Supreme SL
          3400/Getrag 284 5spd
          1995 Chevy K1500 350c.i. 5spd Z71
          350/NV3500 5spd
          2014 Chevrolet Malibu LS

Comment

Ok it is the AC input not the EGR. Pin C21. So, with that, its just an ADX edit? Care to show me how? I uploaded whatever A1.adx I have. Id guess you wrote this;P I sure didn't!
            Attached Files
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

wow, it's been a while since i've looked at stock A1......

anyways, the A/C pressure sensor value is completely unmodified from what the PCM sees, so what gets reported over the datastream is actually raw voltage, tunerpro converts it to pressure(or in the case of a wideband, AFR/lamba/etc)

with tunerpro open:
              Acquisition->edit definiton
              open the values category on the left
              scroll down and find A/C pressure........ and it doesn't exist. :/

well, i guess we're not modifying A/C pressure, we're adding it in. or, could grab a better ADX(the flags actually look kind of bare in this one), the A140 ADS on the TP site can be imported and the mode 1 reply body size fixed for ADX conversion.

Add New Item
              give it a title and unique ID
              find out through some voodoo that A/C pressure uses a packet offset of 32(decimal)
              click over to the conversion tab

here is where if the A/C pressure value already existed, it would pick up.

now, the equation used will depend on the controller. the easiest way to explain it is that it will look like this: (X*??)+?

the ? is the lowest AFR/lambda value that the wideband controller pushes out(for a lot, this seems to be in the 7-9 range), in other words, the AFR that is represented at 0 volts, the ?? is most easily described as:

(maximum AFR displayable - minimum AFR displayable) / 255

for example: 8-22 AFR range:

(22-/255 = .055

alternatively, you could create a lookup table, insert the minimum AFR for the 0 input value and maximum AFR for the 255 input value.

at that point, you're pretty much done. if you added the item rather than modifying the A/C pressure value, you'll need to add it into the item list view to see it that way, otherwise it is only visible in dash and monitors view. item list views->default view(or whatever you have), insert item and find the value.

now it's done.

i attached the A140 ADX with the 8-22 range conversion in it, modify as necessary, set up minimum/maximum alarms/etc.
              Attached Files
              1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
              Latest nAst1 files here!
              Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Wow. I have a lot to learn because I barely understood any of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

well, what did you understand? what was most confusing?

i know i like to throw a lot of words together, sometimes to the detriment of everyone who isn't me.
                  Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Lol. I know very little about tuner pro or tuning period. I pretty much just understood the formula you were explaining

Comment

well, if you open tunerpro RT V5, you should be able to follow along, i don't think i skipped anything.
                      Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Pretty excited that tuning a GM is so much easier than let's say the BMW's I've had or the Toyotas. With Toyota your options are. Piggyback or standalone.

Comment

Actually, your Malibu being a 2003 will use HP Tuners for tuning, Tuner Pro is for OBD 1 cars and HP Tuners is for OBD 2.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
                          -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                          91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                          92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                          94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                          Originally posted by Jay Leno
                          Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Working...
                          X