DIS on $88 '7727/7730

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIS on $88 '7727/7730

When I ran DIS on my TBI ECU '8062, I ran into a problem where I set the initial advance to 60º, but the ECU would not allow the timing to retard to the correct target because of a max retard limit that also needed changed. Does the '7727 have a similar max retard setting, or do I just set the initial advance and call it good? I'm going to run the $88 BAWX from a 3.1L/5-speed 1990 Camaro.
    '98 Volvo V90 - Ford 5.0 swap in progress
    '96 LR Range Rover 4.6 HSE - suspiciously reliable
    '92 Volvo 740 Wagon - former parts car, now daily-driver beater
    '71 Opel Kadett Wagon - 1.9L CIH w/ Weber DGV 32/36, in bits

Found the answers I was looking for in the 60º Facebook group.

Using the adx file in post #5 here, I was able to verify the default settings will work for DIS with only a change to the Spark Reference Angle: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-88

Originally posted by Robert Saar
    max advance, max retard and reference angle are the three values you'll be looking at in $88 for DIS or distributor usage.

Maximum Advance Relative to TDC is just as it sounds. BAWX is set by default to 70.2*, which will work for DIS, but i would dial it down to the 50.1* the DIS setups run.

Maximum Retard Relative to TDC, BAWX is set for -.35*, which would also work fine for DIS, but you could dial it back to -10.24* to match the DIS calibrations if you wanted.
    '98 Volvo V90 - Ford 5.0 swap in progress
    '96 LR Range Rover 4.6 HSE - suspiciously reliable
    '92 Volvo 740 Wagon - former parts car, now daily-driver beater
    '71 Opel Kadett Wagon - 1.9L CIH w/ Weber DGV 32/36, in bits

Comment

Working...
    X