running 3.1L MPFI with $8D mask code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running 3.1L MPFI with $8D mask code

I have gotten my 3.1L in my 90 cavalier running on $8D code. This opens up 16 BLM cells instead of the $A1's 3 cells, also the support for TTS Datamaster 8D and a few other 8D specific stuff.

I have a zip of the stuff I did.

Includes a AUJP1350 bin from a 91 TPI 350 camaro, a new XDF file for TunerPro with the needed constants added, and a sample of the bin I have been testing in my car.

change Spark Advance Initial from 5.98 TPI to 59.77 for DIS ignition v6
    change Spark Advance Max from 41.84 TPI to -9.84 for DIS
    change Spark Retard Max from -3.87 TPI to -69.96 for DIS

other stuff will need changed, like number of cylinders, injector size, cylinder volume, as well as VE table and Spark Tables.

good luck.

I have had mine running, but a few bugs to work out. AC on my car is controled by ECM, 8D does not do it. Also I'm not getting a speed input from the speed sensor.
    Attached Files

Why would you do this exactly?
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by busta9876
      This opens up 16 BLM cells instead of the $A1's 3 cells, also the support for TTS Datamaster 8D and a few other 8D specific stuff.
      you can also use the program VEMaster, which will generate a VE table based on a Datamaster log by looking at the BLM and INT values throughout the driving rpm/map ranges.

Comment

Well, I still don't understand the reason but whatever works for you I guess. I don't need 16 cells to tune the car nor do I know what a TTS datamaster is.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Congratulations on getting it working, but I'd have to agree with Ben...

All you need to do is take a datalog of a lot of driving, and put it into a program that sorts it by MAP and RPM.

IF an engine is completely tuned, there should be no reason for 16 or 64 or 256 BLM cells. They should all be 128. However, I can see how having 16 cells would be beneficial during tuning... but then again I'd rather have the full VE table's worth of BLM cells, and have it autotune.
          Okay now, that's enough of that.

Comment

Working...
          X