How to kill VATS dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to kill VATS dead

Finally got our PCMs to work and figured I would share it with anyone else that might run across this issue. Car won't start/crank, or the car starts and then dies.

Setting the VATS to PWM rather than Serial will get the car to run. Turning off Codes 1626-1631 will let it stay running.

So far so good with this setup.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

neat. the 93-95 60V6 SFI code actually works really similarly.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Ben did you search for this on HPTuners? I found a thread from 07 talking about it... It doesn't have the same codes listed as you do, but similar procedure.

To disable VATS you must do the following: 1. Set the VATS value to "PWM" 2. Set DTC P1626 to "3 - No Error Reported" 3. Set DTC P1629 to "3 - No Error Reported" Additionally you might need to set 4. Set DTC P1630 to "3 - No Error Reported" 5. Set DTC P1631 to "3 - No Error Reported"

I've also done this on my moms old 2000 Grand AM when it continued to screw up on her, except the procedure was slightly different in DHP. And I think that was passkey, but I'm not sure. Similar, you set the system to "disabled" then have to shut off codes otherwise it will only let the car run for a second, or just crank.
      Last edited by 3400-95-Modified; 04-10-2013, 08:14 AM.

Got Lope?
      3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
      Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
      Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
      12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

is it just the codes listed in that link. what other part did you turn off.
        sigpic
        99 Grand Am GT
        3400/3500 -Solid trans mount--TCE 65mm T-body---85mm LS2 maf---1 1/4' TCE intake spacers with 3400 upper--SLP Catback with flowmaster 80--TOG headers
        Modded 3400 lifters with LT1 springs---Comp Cams 26986 Springs
        1357 cam 227 233 .050 dur
        515 515 lift 112 lsa
        15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400---New time to come

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
          Finally got our PCMs to work and figured I would share it with anyone else that might run across this issue. Car won't start/crank, or the car starts and then dies.

Setting the VATS to PWM rather than Serial will get the car to run. Turning off Codes 1626-1631 will let it stay running.

So far so good with this setup.
          What PCMs? There are literally dozens of different PCMs used by people on this board.

Comment

Obd 2
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
              Obd 2
              Yeah....

A little more specific would be nice...

Service number...?

BCC...?

(Known) Applications...?

Comment

60V6 OBD2
                Ben
                60DegreeV6.com
                WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by The_Raven View Post
                  What PCMs? There are literally dozens of different PCMs used by people on this board.
                  there are different service numbers, but the functionality and programming is pretty much the same between them from what I've seen.
                  "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

If you have a DHP PowrTuner, you would do the following to disable VATS:

1. Under The Security Tab - Vehicle Theft Deterrent: Select "VTD_Present_On_Car and set to "False"
                    2. Under Diagnostics - Fault Reporting - DTC Fault Type: Set Codes 1626-1631 to "No Reporting"
                    2000 Grand Am GT
                    2011 Chevy Impala

"The world's best cam combined with a poor set of heads will produce an engine that's a dog. But bolt on a set of great heads even with a poor cam, and that engine will still make great power." ~John Lingenfelter

Comment

Originally posted by 3400-95-Modified View Post
                      I've also done this on my moms old 2000 Grand AM when it continued to screw up on her, except the procedure was slightly different in DHP. And I think that was passkey, but I'm not sure. Similar, you set the system to "disabled" then have to shut off codes otherwise it will only let the car run for a second, or just crank.

when you set to disable, do you input a "1" or a "0" in the VTD present on vehicle box? I'm assuming a "0", but I want to make sure....
                      "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

via boolean logic, a 0 for "VTD present" would mean it's not present.
                        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
                        Latest nAst1 files here!
                        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
                          via boolean logic, a 0 for "VTD present" would mean it's not present.
                          that's what I thought, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X