OBD2 MAF Delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBD2 MAF Delete

I'm fairly new to tuning, using it in demolition derby cars, so nothing has to be spot on. Currently tuning OBD1.5, like it because of the lack of MAF sensor to worry about, but the tuning software is finicky at best as far as flashing. Looking to move to OBD2 and have heard you can program the MAF out of the system. Is this really possible and how would i go about doing so? Not looking for huge power gains, mostly running rich, shutting off binary parameters, minor timing adjustments.

Also, is there a way to trick the PCM with stock tune to run good without the MAF?

In both questions, fuel milage and shift points are of no concern.

Thanks in advance for any input.

when you disconnect the maf the ecm will default to speed density fueling calculations, meaning its using the VE table instead of airflow. this is actually one of the steps you go through when tuning an obd2 computer, you unhook the maf and it allows you to properly tune the ve table. for what your doing leaving the maf unhooked would work fine.

Comment

Thanks for replying Sharkey. I know guys that run stock that leave the MAF installed, will occasionally have it come off the neck from the weight of it flopping around during hard contact on the track. When this happens, the car hardly runs at all. I'm assuming when you just unhook it, there is no signal instead of a low flow signal, defaulting the change, correct? Just trying to get a good understanding of how this works.

Comment

when the maf fails on a gm car it sets a maf circuit code, the result of the code is it going into failsafe and switching fueling algorithms. when the maf falls off there isnt an electrical circuit problem so it wont set that code. the ecm may eventually set a maf code for the lack of flow, but its not instant. unhooking it puts it into speed density fueling.

Comment

Working...
        X