swap or new car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swap or new car?

hey whats up guys , i have a 95 gtp with the 3.4 dohc v6 . i was wondering if it was worth it to turbo/sc it , or just buy a 97+ gtp and just work on that , i really like my 95 thats why i dont want to get rid of it lol, so lemme know what you think, thanks.

-Tony.

put cams-header-exhaust-and some other upgrades on that motor-youll crank out just as much power at less expense with better gas mileage

Comment

Im just going to say "I disagree" and leave it at that.

Turbo the 3.4 DOHC, get a pushrod 60V6 to put in it and turbo that or high compression NA, or buy a new car.
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

i would prolly have about as much power as a stock 3.8 sc , but i want that motor or a newer gtp not sure which way to go. =/

Comment

i don't follow. You would probably have 240 hp with what?
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

240 HP stock 3800 s/c, or built 3x00. If you really like your car, then build it. For the money, you can throw on a turbo and have lots of HP. Or n/a build 3400/3500 for a good 260 + HP. Whatever you do it will be worth it. I believe you'll put more money into the newer GP plus building it, than building what you have. Besides, I do believe your car is a bit lighter as well.
            Andy

sigpic

fastest 1/8: 10.19@ 67.17
            fastest 1/4: 16.16@ 82.70

62mm TB, 1.6 roller tip rockers, Ostrich 2.0, UD pulley, TB heater bypass, K&N, 180* stat, No cat, 99Grand AM dual cooling fans. 4T65E swap FDR 3.69, EP LSD, F.A.S.T. transmission controller, TransGo shift kit.

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
              i don't follow. You would probably have 240 hp with what?
              well with the 97+ motor stock , or building up my 3.4 dohc intake exhaust and chip.

Comment

Originally posted by torq455 View Post
                240 HP stock 3800 s/c, or built 3x00. If you really like your car, then build it. For the money, you can throw on a turbo and have lots of HP. Or n/a build 3400/3500 for a good 260 + HP. Whatever you do it will be worth it. I believe you'll put more money into the newer GP plus building it, than building what you have. Besides, I do believe your car is a bit lighter as well.
                well i was gonna try to sell my car for about $3000 , and pick up a 97-98 gtp for about 3-3500. and get the stage 6 sc kit from 3800perfornamce.com for about $3000 and run 12's . lol or do a motor swap and do the same thing tot he motor.

Comment

oooooo! i see. that would be most unexpected in your current GP!! do not over look the tranny!! you'll need to do some beefing up to that. or swap in a 4T65E.
                  Andy

sigpic

62mm TB, 1.6 roller tip rockers, Ostrich 2.0, UD pulley, TB heater bypass, K&N, 180* stat, No cat, 99Grand AM dual cooling fans. 4T65E swap FDR 3.69, EP LSD, F.A.S.T. transmission controller, TransGo shift kit.

Comment

Originally posted by torq455 View Post
                    oooooo! i see. that would be most unexpected in your current GP!! do not over look the tranny!! you'll need to do some beefing up to that. or swap in a 4T65E.
                    lol yeah i know that why i want to do it so bad , no one will expect it , yeah i know all about the tranny too i would do a complete swap motor and tranny , then i would need the ecu and somthing for the steering too i heard , the only thing that is bothering me they dont make a lot of performance parts for my car/bodystyle. thats why im so confused on what to do.

Comment

depends on what you want to do. they make plenty to give you 300 HP N/A. that was dyno proven by Superdave. granted, it's a rather radical build for the street, but he used....well...here.. http://www.v6z24.com/registry/whitelightning2

if you want a specific compression ratio, then you may need custom pistons. WOT has most of what you'll need.
                      Andy

sigpic

Comment

yeah but thats the newer 3.5 v6 , with a cam and crank , i havent seen those for my car. i know they used to make them but i havent seen any. i would like to go turbo but not sure what size , psi , or hp the motor can take with stock internals.

Comment

stock can take around 8-10 psi. that should be plenty. Scott099999 has a 3400 set up with a turbo. PM him. he has loads to tell ya.
                          Andy

sigpic

Comment

wow i was hoping for 5-6 lol , thats awesome, thanks man..

Comment

And with 4 valves per cylinder, its an air flowing monster and will respond to boost well. Just look at the exhaust manifolds compared to the ones on other engines. Mine on my cars are larger then the stock ones that went on my friends crate 350 for his truck...
                              -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                              91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                              92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                              94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                              Originally posted by Jay Leno
                              Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Working...
                              X