1995 Olds Cutlass Sup - swap - 3100-3400 questio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Olds Cutlass Sup - swap - 3100-3400 questio

It's been ages since I've had a chance to work on this project; I've had some hefty medical bills to contend with. However it's about time to get this finished already since it's been nearly two years.

My goal is to have everything purchased and ready to put together by the end of August. Budget is between 4-5k. Roughly around $650/wk between now and the last week in August. Give or take of course.

I have no hard goals power wise. It's more or less a budget issue. NA is the likely choice, but if a small turbo can be added (now or later easily enough,) then a boosted project would be nice to do since I've never done one before. Transmission futility is also a consideration. >220 is a minimum goal and that's not unrealistic.

I'm fairly set on a 3400 from 04 Venture. They are in abundance because mini-van drivers are crazy, so that's a win.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

To performance related.

Headers: http://www.mpracing.org/store/index....&productId=340
    However I'm not sure if these will work on the Cutlass and/or if it's going to be boosted. Any thoughts here would be welcomed.

Cam: I was looking over wot-tech and there are fair options. Not sure which to go with yet but that'll be cleared up as the scope is set in stone.

heads: again, wot-tech has them, so it's really a matter of figuring out what my goal is.

pistons: http://wot-tech.com/shop/all/forged-.../prod_186.html seem to be good for boosted and NA.

TB: bigger is better?

UIM/LIM: ported 3400 or 3500 from WOT. Not sure here yet.

Trans: Probably search and find a 4T60-E with as few miles as possible. I have one that is good but it's been sitting for two years so I don't think I'm going to use that. However, if it's possible, it would be nice to use a 4t65ehd since they are rumored to be stronger (and I hate transmission problems!) I'd welcome any advice here since I want this part to be overkill because transmissions are annoying when they go out. Granted so are motors but that rarely is my problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parts I need to get go make things connect.

I used to have a list but it's been long lost.

I know I need to do a conversion to ODBII, get some sensors (don't recall which,) and other odds and ends for the exhaust to fit?

I appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Would this work for tuning? It doesn't list the Cutlass so what computers would I need to replace to make it work?

HPTuners, VCM Suite, MPVI, MPVI2, VCM Editor, VCM Scanner, tuning, OBDII vehicle

Supported Vehicles
    HPTuners, VCM Suite, MPVI, MPVI2, VCM Editor, VCM Scanner, tuning, OBDII vehicle

Comment

Working...
    X