00+ 3400 injector harness in 97 3100 vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 00+ 3400 injector harness in 97 3100 vehicle

Do I have to rewire anything if I want to use the multec 2 setup with wiring on a multec 1 harness? Its a 96 achieva 3100 getting a 2000 3400 and I would rather not splice in injector connectors to the 97 3100.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

The harnesses were different.

Oh yeah, I read that Iridium plugs work themselves loose, so I used some red loctite on them
    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
    Originally posted by Jay Leno
    Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

loctite, thats funny:P
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

the whole connector is different. one big fat connector.

you might be able to pull the big connector off and repin it to the smaller ones.
        sigpic
        99 Grand Am GT
        3400/3500 -Solid trans mount--TCE 65mm T-body---85mm LS2 maf---1 1/4' TCE intake spacers with 3400 upper--SLP Catback with flowmaster 80--TOG headers
        Modded 3400 lifters with LT1 springs---Comp Cams 26986 Springs
        1357 cam 227 233 .050 dur
        515 515 lift 112 lsa
        15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400---New time to come

Comment

Originally posted by geldartb View Post
          the whole connector is different. one big fat connector.

you might be able to pull the big connector off and repin it to the smaller ones.
          That would be better than clipping injector pigtails and soldering them to the old harness. It would look a lot better too, even though I was going to heat shrink tube everything. I think I'll try that instead. Thanks for the input
          -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

no problem i thought about doing it before. but the injectors ive been using lately all plug in the factory harness for my 99.

what size injectors are you aiming to use.
            i have some 24lb injectors from an LT1 that look the same as the ones on the 96 achieva just bigger pounds. if you want them let me know.

wouldnt require you changing anything and they run off 42.5 psi.
            sigpic
            99 Grand Am GT
            3400/3500 -Solid trans mount--TCE 65mm T-body---85mm LS2 maf---1 1/4' TCE intake spacers with 3400 upper--SLP Catback with flowmaster 80--TOG headers
            515 515 lift 112 lsa

Comment

just stock 00+ multec 2 injectors. Should make tuning a breeze:P
              Ben
              60DegreeV6.com
              WOT-Tech.com

Comment

should be easy. mine was easier to deal with when it was stock but thats no fun.

while your at it you want to come tune my car also.
                sigpic
                99 Grand Am GT
                515 515 lift 112 lsa

Comment

Originally posted by geldartb View Post
                  should be easy. mine was easier to deal with when it was stock but thats no fun.

while your at it you want to come tune my car also.
                  Or bring your car to my house the day we fire this pig up, lol. Tuning a stock cammed 3400 with the only special thing done is P&P heads with shimmed valve springs shouldn't take too long.
                  -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

So we did the injector harness tonight. The CTS was different between the 00 GA harness (2 wire) and the Achieva (3 wire), but it was just loomed in with the Achieva injector harness, not actually part of it other than being loomed in (it was even on a different connector), so that part was simple. Then MAP wiring was the same, but since it was already in the connector where we needed it, it got pushed aside and ignored for simplicity. Then, from there it was just color to color from injector connector (multitec 2) to Achieva harness. The actual terminals in the two different injector harness connectors were different, so a clip and solder color to color was needed. Also, IIRC, sensor/injector grounds on the Achieva harness was orange, where as injector/sensor grounds on the 00 GA harness was pink. So not much to it, and it's installed. Now to get some loose ends tied together like trans dip stick tube (my bad when installing the engine with exhaust manis on with the transmission in the car), oil filter adapter since long filters won't screw right on because of the A/C compressor with rear mount lines, and other oddities. Other than that, the engine is installed and bolted in and almost complete.
                    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

Working...
                    X