No announcement yet.

01 3.1J into 99 Mailibu 3.1M HHHEEELLLPPP Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am also doing this swap with what I believe to be a 00' Malibu 3100 into a 99' Olds Cutlass that had a 3100. I swapped rear exhaust and did nothing with fuel rail and it ran with no codes for about 50 miles then the LIMG blew (I think) ( no harness issues either using olds harness.

Auto/Diesel Tech

Comment

ok, sorry to raise this dead thread, but same if starting my new one. ok

i just swapped a 1999 lumina / monte 3100 with the lines through the UIM into a 2001 chevy malibu that origonally had the 3100 with the big bold letters.

i changed the timing cover, and the mounting brackets were differnt, i just changed the crank sensor on the back side of the motor as well and the cam sensor.

i DID NOT change the lower intake manifold, but i did change the upper UIM as the EGR valve wouldnt reach the downpipe.

car runs, but i have to give it gas to start, and it smells like its dumping gas as well. running rich. i changed the fuel rails and the injectors from the original motor.

it will run great if i hold the gas down a little bit, but if i let off gas pedal, it just dies flat on its face. only codes i got were a crank reference code.

note: i did accidentally damage the ORIGONAL crank pulley harmonic balancer due to the tone ring being damaged pulling the old one off, but i used the crank pulley harmonic balancer off of the older 99 3100 as the tone rings looked the same and i DID change the crank sensor as i swapped the timing cover over as well

Comment

Working...
      X