Compression Ratio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compression Ratio

Hello does anyone know how to calculate the changed compression ration from going to a stock 531p dished piston to a 516p flat top piston on a 3.1 engine with a 3400 topend? I have searched the ends of the internet looking for this answer. Thanks.

you looked to far

Its runs!!!>>>Aint No 60* Sound Like Mehttp://youtu.be/YKEmNwa141U

Comment

I've been using that a bunch, us machine too. I keep coming up with about .03" interference for the pistons I want to use. Deck height 8.8188976378- (.05)*(3.31)stroke -5.7 rod length-1.488 piston compression height. = negative .0191024 coming out of the deck. had head resurfaced and the took off .06 to true them up so I figured subtracting that off the .060 thick head gasket. Anyways is three thousands .03 of interference gonna cause a problem contacting a valve with the piston?

Comment

milling heads does not make them closer to the piston. The valves will be, but you can take .020 off the heads and run 3100 pistons without problems. If the chain breaks, you have issues anyway. The improved quench from having the pistons .020 out of the hole is going to improve knock resistance.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
        X