3400 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3400 swap

okay this is what i have. its a 2000 malibu that had a 3.1 with 200,000 miles on it. it knocked but ran just fine. i had ported and polished heads on it and throttle body and cai and a tune by Ben. I figured it was time for an upgrade i guess. so heres what my build if thats what you wanna call it. i apologize for the pics being small.

malibu front.jpg

3400 motor.jpg

engine parts.jpg

cam.jpg

start of swap.jpg

malibu.jpg

old vs new.jpg

new motor.jpg

new motor going in.jpg

heads on.jpg

all done.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guLnxc92YzE

Tinted windshield... WTF is wrong with you... Sorry that's just a bit stupid.

Got Lope?
    3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
    Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
    Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
    12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Well thanks for your input

Comment

This car is awesome man!
        I'm biased because I have a Bu though!

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball View Post
          This car is awesome man!
          I'm biased because I have a Bu though!
          Thanks appreciate it.

Comment

I thought it was illegal to do a full tint? I don't remember seeing that before. Did you swap everything off your 3100 and put it on the 3400? Sounds solid
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by 3400-95-Modified View Post
              Tinted windshield... WTF is wrong with you... Sorry that's just a bit stupid.
              And how would you know he get doesn't migraines from the sun?? Its perfectly legal to have a tinted windshield if he has a tint script ( believe that's what they call it) at least in Michigan not sure on Indiana.

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
                I thought it was illegal to do a full tint? I don't remember seeing that before. Did you swap everything off your 3100 and put it on the 3400? Sounds solid
                Yea it wasn't there when you tuned it. I'm just using intakes from it for now. I bought a new timing cover or front cover what ever it's called. Sensors I swapped over.

Comment

I'm totally digging the build. It would be so much fun to build a Malibu. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
                  X