Hybrid Swap Heater help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hybrid Swap Heater help

Well, the 3.1/L82 hybrid has been assembled and is sitting in the car. I'm having troubles getting the heater on my 88 F-body hooked up. So far, I have removed the pressed-in heater pipe from the L82 manifold and will be plugging the hole shortly, and I will be using the 3100's 3-wire CTS in the stock hole. The issue I have is that what would have been the heater outlet on the 3.1 is facing the other side of the car, and I'm looking for a recommendation on how to get this outlet hooked to the heater control valve. I have removed the stock fitting (that uses that plastic clip that I hate because it ALWAYS leaks on me) and replaced it with a hose nipple as well. Pics would help a lot.

Also having issues finding a throttle cable, but that's for another thread, I guess...

When mine was hooked up, I had the regular gen 1 water pump outlet going to one side of the heater core, and the other side was hooked into that steel pipe that's pressed in to the LIM (end is right by the heater core).

The gen 3 heater core outlet that's facing the passenger side on mine is tapped and plugged.

I didn't have any issues at the time but since i don't have any HVAC hooked up it just made sense to bypass it all together. I looked and couldn't find any pics, it wasn't like that for very long.

for a throttle cable, try to find one from a 2.2 Cavalier or something like that. It should be long enough.
    Past Builds;
    1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
    1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
    Current Project;
    1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

I used a DOHC GP throttle cable for the 65mm TB and adapter. The Trailblazer one was a little short and didn't like the tight bend on it.
      Links:
      WOT-Tech.com
      FaceBook
      Instagram

Comment

Would that be a regular old 2.2 J-body (pre-95) or a 2200? A couple of the yards I go to USED to have a bunch of 2.2 and 3.1 J-bodies, but they've been crushed now . One has a bunch of the 2200 J-bodies, but no Berettas or Corsicas (interchanges with the J-body 3.1 throttle cable). I might be able to find a throttle cable from a DOHC Beretta, but that guy has some stupid pricing.

The thing with the heater core setup is that I NEED the heater control valve... Can't leave the core running hot all of the time as the air flows through the ducts and seriously hurts the feets after a while .

Comment

you may just have to walk through the yards, as long as it's got the right end on the engine side it should be fine. Some have different sized firewall plugs so keep an eye on that too.
          Past Builds;
          1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
          1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
          Current Project;
          1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Working...
          X