No announcement yet.

2003 3.2 cadillac dohc swap into camao?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 3.2 cadillac dohc swap into camao?

Does anybody have any info on this motor? i have a 1994 3.4 camaro. i was thinking about either a hybrid or a full 3.5 swap. but i found this motor on craigslist for cheap and was wondering if it would be worth it. but i dont know much about the motor itself like ignition and stuff. i think its drive by wire but im not sure.

I would assume it's drive by wire. You might also want to look on HP Tuners website and see if that car is supported, otherwise you might ses up with a huge mess of electrical and electronic fits with the drivetrain control system.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
    Originally posted by Jay Leno
    Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Is this the punched out version of the german made 3.0L found in catera's, L300's, and few others? All I can say is, what a pain to work on, someone had the bright idea to bury the coils near the fire wall on the back of the intake. Also has an oil cooler under the intake that tend to fail, prone to valve cover gasket failure, warped valve covers, and they like to eat timing belts from what i hear. Otherwise, its a perky motor, and the parts are expensive. I'd sooner swap a 2010 3.6 camaro and deal with the elctronics issue instead.
      sigpicHow to make High performance Emissions:
      A "true" High flow converter, straight pipe.
      Low/No flow EGR valve, block off plate.
      Carbon canister and purge valve mod, place in large 30 Gallon can, cover, and place curbside, the city will do the rest.
      PCV valve and vent tube, reroute to exhaust to dump where it belongs, on the ground. Or add breathers and let it all free.

Comment

Honestly, swapping a 3.5l into a 4th gen F-body is enough of a pain. the problem lies in the fact that cowl sits so far out over the top of the engine making it difficult to swap motors with high intakes. DOHC engines can be nearly 5-6 inches higher than than a Push-rod 3.5-3.4l.

Im swapping a 3.5l in my F-body right now and I had to lower the engine in my car by nearly 2.5 inches (maybe lower) to get the upper intake to clear the cowl. Unless you intend to do a serious amount of sheet-metal slicing, I suggest you stick with a 3400/3500 swap. They are not easy swaps, but at least the engines will fit without chopping up the cowl.
        Took a break from working on the car. Got some better tools, got a better shop, got a better job... Its time to burn metal!

Comment

Working...
        X