07 3900/4T65E Fiero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 07 3900/4T65E Fiero

I am just finishing up an 07 3900 swap into a Fiero using the stock fly by wire throttle and stock ECM and TCM that has been reprogrammed with all the VATS removed along with other unwanted things.
    Problem right now is the engine fires and runs any where from 10 to 30 seconds then dies, it is not the VATS. Throttle response is not there any movement of the pedal does nothing. I have triple checked the wiring and it is ok but I am wondering if the fly by wire does need BCM input or is the VVT causing it not to idle and does the VVT need the BCM to operate. The programer that did the work says no but I am still wondering as this is pretty new territory using the engine in stock form like this. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Dan

I think Josh Reidel (spl) on PFF did this very swap, but had to integrate the BCM as well. I don't have a 100% positive answer though.
    "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

Got her going it was the throttle body itself that was toast. Dan

Comment

cool deal, got any pics or vids?
        "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

Took a few pics before the owner came and got her. Dan

Comment

Care to post them? I can't speak for everyone, but I would like to see them.

Comment

Just how does one post photos on here

Comment

I use photobucket, but you can attach the pictures directly to the post by clicking the attachment button (paperclip). you will have to go to the advanced editor to attach files, by clicking "go advanced" in the bottom right hand corner of the quick reply box if you aren't already in the advanced screen.

Comment

Working...
                X