Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3500V6 4X4 jimmy

Just picked it up. has the 700R4.

have a 3500 ready to go in with a WOT trigger and 7730 ECM.

Going to do a High Pinion Dana30 front on leafs, high steer, spring over axle and Dana44 spring over in the rear and hopefully run around a 35" tire in the end.

Tons of pics to come.

I have a Precision Billet 58mm also, if I get bored... But that is a couple years away..
    11.92 @ 122 MPH 3400 91 Cavalier Z24 Intercooled S/C. -totalled-
    10.56 @ 130 MPH 3900 LZ9 87 IROC Z28 Intercooled GT4088 Turbo

In for results with this one. 11's ??
    14.63@92.9 -Full LX9 with CAI, 65MM TB, 2.5in DP, Borla Cat-Back, Crappy tires, Quick tune (Dyno Soon)

Comment

Turbo is in the very distant future. I'd be happy to get it to run mid 14's by next summer

I have my swap engine !

It's a 3500 that a friend was running in his Sunfire, with an Izuzu trans. (he blew 2 transmissions and a clutch, then gave up on the car). I picked it up for next to nothing and it already had a WOT crank trigger wheel and a 7730 with a somewhat decent harness.

The only thing I don't like about this motor is it has the "poor flowing" early 3400 upper intake. I'd like to find a 2000+ one for cheap. I will look around.

That sunfire goes to scrap on Saturday and I'm picking a rotted out Grand Cherokee that is being given to me. (has a Dana44 HD rear and a low pinion Dana30 front with 3.73 gears.) I may go with those axles for now. Ideal would be a 8.8 rear with a high pinion D30 front... Not sure if I should spend extra $$ now to get the axles I want or use the free Grand Cherokee ones. while I wait to find and re-gear some better axles to 4.56.

Comment

I might have a 2000+ intake set.

Comment

you should do it up like a cyclone/typhoon!
          "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

Replacement for the Fiero?
            '89 Firebird, 3500 Turbo, T56, 9-bolt/4.11
            '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

Originally posted by ericjon262 View Post
              you should do it up like a cyclone/typhoon!
              being a 700R4 and 4X4 Jimmy, it's already most of the way to being a Ty.
              1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
              Latest nAst1 files here!
              Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by caffeine View Post
                Replacement for the Fiero?
                yep

pulled off the front bumper tonight, and started measuring for a SAS front Xmember.

Going to pick up axles in the afternoon tomorrow.

Comment

I've found an '00 lower so far...

Comment

I can likely grab one from the local Upull it but they will want an arm and a leg.

I'd rather a "3100" one, just for the sleeperyness... haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Mars View Post
                      I can likely grab one from the local Upull it but they will want an arm and a leg.

I'd rather a "3100" one, just for the sleeperyness... haha.
                      I'm pretty sure I have a large port 3100 upper. I haven't looked in the garage attic yet.

Comment

Little more progress..

This is the Jeep I am stealing the axles from. It's actually not the best donor for axles..

It has a low pinion Dana30 front axle, with CV axles... Not very desirable at all. The rear is a little better it's a Dana44HD aluminum case. It has rear disks which is cool. 3.73 gears all around which won't be near enough. (I am looking at 4.56 or 4.8

I cut the axles out already and and now cutting all the coil links / brakets off of them. Still unsure if i want to put all this work into these axles or just bite the bullet and spend 800-1000 on some decent / better axles, Ford 8.8 and a Dana30 high pinion from the 95-98 vintage Cherokee would be the hot setup, but I'd have to get them at a yard, can't find them locally.

This truck was free, so, I figured why not... but all this work, and I'll eventually have to re-do it all. Ahh, I'll see what happens.

Comment

See if you can find a wrecked Rubicon. The axles will cost more but at least they are D44's and have lockers. If your doing a SAS you must be looking for off road performance so your not going to be happy with a D30. If you can use a D44 over the ford 8.8" then do it because the Ford uses C-Clips which is a major drawback if you plan on running big tires. Don't forget late model Nissans and 4X4 Isuzu Rodeos used the large version of the D44 with disc brakes so its worth checking craigslist for. The Isuzu 12 Bolt from 92 and later used nice rear disc brakes with integral parking drum and a 3 link setup. Its nice and flexy! Plus it has a dropout third member and is somewhere between a D44 and D60 for strength.
                          1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
                          1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
                          Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

OK, I picked up an 8.8 tonight, from a friend, 100$.... Looks real good and I will be ordering parts for it. I will be scrapping the Dana44 HD aluminum one.

Has 31 spline, (explorer) limited slip and 4.10's, disk...

I'm kind of split between ordering 4.56 or 4.88 gears. I want to run at minimun a 35" tire.

With the stock 3.42 gears, a 35" tires requires a 4.43 gear to return back to factory speedo, ect. Closest I can get to that is a 4.56 gearset, I just wonder if I'm better off going 4.88 then I should have tons of power and can possibly run a larger tire later on if I ever decide to.

The 3500 will be happy at a higher RPM I'm sure, so I'm thinking maybe get the 4.88...

Any input ?

Comment

I can't comment on gearing, but if you need it, therangerstation.com has a write-up on rebuilding the limited slip, and they tell how to do a performance rebuild to tighten the slip action.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk now Free
                              -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                              91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                              92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                              94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                              Originally posted by Jay Leno
                              Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Working...
                              X