No announcement yet.

Swap 3.4 2000 impala engine to the Grand Prix 88

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The adapter is installed on the stock chip, like this?
    Yes

How does it run with the WOT-Tech adapter/chip with the stock 3400 injectors and the 2000+ regulator?
    All possible combination of the injectors and regulyators with Wot/Tech adapter can start, but falls after second of working.

All possible combination of the injectors and regulyators on the stock chip starts and working, but with unstable idle and misfire like on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNHtqhgU1Yw

Under all possible combinations i mean the next:
    - 3400 injectrors 99 with 2000+ fuel pressure regulyator
    - 3400 injectrors 99 with 99 fuel pressure regulyator
    - 2000+ injectors with 2000+ fuel pressure regulyator
    - 2000+ injectors with 99 fuel pressure regulyator

There are no error in all combinations.
    After all tests and changing all sensors i have only one idea - faulty ECM

Comment

ECM are rare to go bad but they do. Really need an ALDL cable. You could datalog the poor running setup at the very least to see what is going on or if it doesn't connect, the ECM is then likely bad or a sensor is really screwing things up. With all those combinations, the engine should run differently with either chip setup.
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
        ECM are rare to go bad but they do. Really need an ALDL cable. You could datalog the poor running setup at the very least to see what is going on or if it doesn't connect, the ECM is then likely bad or a sensor is really screwing things up. With all those combinations, the engine should run differently with either chip setup.
        I plan to buy the cable on this week.
        Could it be the engine damage? Some people say that the engine could be damaged and the valve could open/close incorrect. But you saw my compression value - it is ok.

Comment

If you get the programmer as well, you can go with custom tuning and make changes yourself. Probably save some shipping to do that at the same time. I don't think it has damage if all cylinders have compression. It might have a bad sensor or wiring or who knows.
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

If you get the programmer as well, you can go with custom tuning and make changes yourself. Probably save some shipping to do that at the same time. I don't think it has damage if all cylinders have compression. It might have a bad sensor or wiring or who knows.
            Ben, i will by a programmer too, thanks.

Comment

Today i have checked fuel pressure. 30 psi on the idle working engine with stock 99 fuel pressure regulyator and 25 psi with 2000 + fuel pressure regulyator. If i increase idle, pressure value stay less 30 psi.

Отправлено с моего Nexus 9 через Tapatalk

Comment

You have a fuel pressure issue then, should be 35 min and usually low 40s on the 99 and 50s with the 2000+.
                Ben
                60DegreeV6.com
                WOT-Tech.com

Comment

You have a fuel pressure issue then, should be 35 min and usually low 40s on the 99 and 50s with the 2000+.
                  Yes, Ben. I think so too. It looks like the fuel pump is down.

Comment

Hi there!

Ben, i provide the log files, so you can check them. Also i change the fuel pump on the iriginal.

A057.xdl - stock chip with the stock config for the 99 3400.
                    All other logs i get on the stock config for the 99 3400 and your chip. In this case engine can work only with open throttle. On the idle the engine stals.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Your O2 sensor isn't working and there is something going on with wiring or the computer because there are a lot of artifacts in the graphs. Random jumps in data that aren't possible. BLM Cell 36 doesn't exist.
                      Ben
                      60DegreeV6.com
                      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I know about O2 sensor. It was not connectet during the tests as i mentioned before. I with you about computer or computer wiring because the artifacts was strange for me too. So my next step is to try to use another computer and check computer wiring. Thanks Ben!

Comment

And wat did you mean about BLM cell 36 does not exists?

Comment

Ok, guys.
                            Now i'm om the Auto Transmisiion setup stage.

Does anyone know, how to perform TV cable setup for the 3400 throttle body? Any adeas? The problem is that 4t60 dont want shifting without TV cable. So now a can drive only with 1 gear.

Comment

Working...
                            X