Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help, LR2 to L32 Jeep Comanche swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help, LR2 to L32 Jeep Comanche swap.

Hey guys, I'm looking to swap the 2.8 LR2 that is in my truck now. She is an 86 Jeep Comanche 4x4 with an ax15 5 speed. I am wanting to swap the 2.8 that is in it for something more powerful, and seeing as how the most powerful 60 v6 I could find was the L32 out of a Camaro or Firebird, according to wikipedia, I wanted to go with that. I have done a little research on swapping and found the guys on the comanche club forum, represent, say the LB8 is a direct swap but haven't found any vidence on the L32. The LB8 supposedly uses the same motor mounts and accesories.

Can I swap in the L32 as a direct replacement, do my motor mounts and everything else change, or does it use the same block? Can I use the aluminum heads from the later generations on the L32.

Thanks in advance-Krome_Dome

Generally speaking, the RWD 3.4 is a direct swap for the 2.8. The flywheel will need to come from an 88+ engine however since the balancing changed that year
    '89 Firebird, 3500 Turbo, T56, 9-bolt/4.11
    '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

The direct bolt in, no special parts needed and yes your motor mounts will bolt on swap is a 1993 to 1995 3.4L from a Camaro/Firebird. This is the only 3.4L that will bolt in. All others are made for FWD mounting and will "work" but wont bolt in like the Camaro motor and the engine mounts will not work.

Swap guide here http://members.shaw.ca/howto/2.8l%20...ine%20swap.htm
      1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
      1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
      Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
      X