Engine Swap into Datsun Roadster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Swap into Datsun Roadster

Hey guys looking to swap a 3.4l and T5 into a Datsun Roadster 1600. Want it to be carbureted . Looking for what years and cars would be good to use as a donor engine and the easiest to convert . Would like some where around 200hp . Thanks for your input and will have pictures once started.

Ok no answers.. but in reading it looks like efi is the way to go .. so any direction would be a great help.
    I will not have any to worry about smog inspection because the car is over 40 yrs old ,so wondering if I can cut all of those sensors out of the stock efi and reprogram it or do I need to go to a megasquirt or like system So as before Best car donor for this project

Comment

Hello,

You might think about moving your thread over to the swap section. You're more likely to get a better response there.

If you're looking for 200hp then you'll probably need an LX9 (also called 3500) and deal with tuning and an ignition trigger. If you're OK with slightly less than you can get an LA1 (3400) and buy a known good tune from WOT-tech or others. I went the 3400 route on my first swap and that motor lives on in my race car. It was cheap, has been very reliable and responsive in a lighter car (~2500lbs). You could also go the 3400 route and get a cam but then you're back to tuning.

If you give us more info about your strengths and areas of concern we might be able to help you better.

Good luck!

Sam

Comment

Please move to swap or let me know how thanks

Comment

Moved.
          -Brad-
          89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
          sigpic
          Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Working...
          X