99 cavalier LX9 Swap Wiring help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 cavalier LX9 Swap Wiring help

I am 3500 LX9 swapping my 1999 Cavalier 4 dr. 2.2 MT. I currently have the engine running in the car however I'm having a heck of a time figuring out how to get the factory tach and coolant gauge working. Can anyone please shed some light on this situation. Especially if I can get specifics like where to put what wires and what wires are needed to make this happen.

I am using a 1998 Chevy Monte Carlo 3.1 engine harness / ecu / sensors fuel rail injectors etc. etc...

I still have the 1999 Cavalier ECU hooked up partially in hopes to use it for the gauges I guess. Wasn't too sure exactly what it controlled so I only deleted what I knew could go from it.

I don't have a good 1998 Monte Carlo Ecu Diagram / Pinout or anything at the moment. I didn't need one until now.

I have a great Cavalier pinout that has been dead on accurate.

Thank you in advance for any help I may get.

I still have yet to get these gauges working however I have put about 60 miles on the car. I have ECT and tach through my scan tool.

Anyone?

Comment

i went stand alone on mine, the 2k and new j body people are using impala pcm's so the stock gauges work. I did not do this because i run a stripped system without a BCM and after market gauges. My swap consists of 12 wires. PASMAG-Slamology-Lucas-Oil-Raceway-Indianapolis-Indiana-2014-Jason-Carroll-Event-Photo-Coverage-.jpg

Comment

My sunfire is 95. Im using an alero harness, with a grand am pcm that is flashed as a 98 monte carlo so as to delete the BCM, anti theft, and use a flash that provides a discreet 12v a/c request signal rather than the data stream.

Comment

20140510_210810.jpg

Comment

Working...
          X