Jeep Comanche 2.8 Carb to 3.4 SFI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep Comanche 2.8 Carb to 3.4 SFI

This is my first post here but I am wanting to swap my 1986 jeep Comanche 2.8l Carb for a 93-95 Camaro SFI. The engine swap in itself is easy, so iv'e heard, but where I am running into trouble is how am I going to make the SFI work? I am pulling the motor out of a manual to avoid the electric transmission shift stuff as my truck is a manual right now. My plans for this motor is a t3/4 turbo kit, forget pistons, megasquirt.... ect. But first i'm going to have to figure out how to get the SFI to work in the first place. People have suggested the TBI but I don't want to go that route. I like the way the SFI intake looks on the engine and it is a better system IMO. So any help would be appreciated as to what I am going to have to pull from the donor vehicle, or perhaps a link to a write up of someone who has done this, because i can't seem to find any. But anyways im glad to be a part of this forum now Here is my truck!IMG_3831-1.jpg

Since you're going MS, the SFI part of the equation is irrelevant. If you go MS1 or 2 SFI is not (really) an option on a V6, MS3 would allow for SFI.

I would get rid of that intake anyway, I'd use a 3.1 intake long before a 3.4 (gen1) intake. It may look good from the outside, but the actual openings on the inside are quite small.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Raven View Post
      Since you're going MS, the SFI part of the equation is irrelevant. If you go MS1 or 2 SFI is not (really) an option on a V6, MS3 would allow for SFI.

I would get rid of that intake anyway, I'd use a 3.1 intake long before a 3.4 (gen1) intake. It may look good from the outside, but the actual openings on the inside are quite small.
      I will defiantly take that into consideration. So the MS3 should take care of the SFi and all the wiring and what not?

Comment

You can run the stock PCM and tune it with Tunercats to keep functional SFI. Or even TunerPro with Winflash (a bit cheaper)
        '89 Firebird, 3500 Turbo, T56, 9-bolt/4.11
        '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

Just FYI, SFI is really only an emissions thing, it doesn't make any more power, and really only complicates things. I wouldn't get too hung up on going SFI.

Comment

Okay, i thought it might be cheaper keeping it sfi and i like the looks of it. Thanks for the info im sort of ignorant when it comes to these motors. Its my first one, im use to jeeps 4.0.

Comment

SFI is simply "Sequential Fuel Injection", to put it in it's basic form, it's how the injectors get wired (and controlled) by the ECM, it's not a mechanical component.

Comment

Working...
              X