Iron Head 3.4, Myth or Reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Head 3.4, Myth or Reality

I spoke to an engine rebuilder today, and he said there is no such thing as an iron head 3.4. Other than the 12363230 crate motor. I want a direct bolt in upgrade for me 2.8 Jeep Comanche. Myth or reality.

i guess the couple hundred thousand Camaros and firebirds produced in 93-95 equipped with the gen1 3.4 don't count.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
      i guess the couple hundred thousand Camaros and firebirds produced in 93-95 equipped with the gen1 3.4 don't count.
      This ^^^^

The engine builder might be thinking that the only 3.4s that exist are either the DOHC version or the 3400s which were both aluminum headed variants, however robertsaar is very correct that the 3.4 was definitely available in an iron head version, in the '93 to '95 F-car.

Comment

Thanks for confirming. I found one out of a 95 Firebird with 71K miles. I will take it to a different shop to install. Probably not a good idea to have a guy try to install an engine that he doesn't even know exists.

Comment

Working...
        X