Please help me finish this engine swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me finish this engine swap

Hello, long story short I have a 2005 Equinox that needed an engine, bought a used one with low miles, however after installing I get no spark. Apparently the motor came from an 07. It was produced in 06 so the guy at the junkyard didn't know that means it is an 07 and has the different cam and crank sensor setup. Any suggestions on getting the 2007 equinox 3.4 to work in my 05?

If the trigger wheel and cam trigger are different than original, the easiest way is to replace the engine with one from the correct year. Any other way involves more work (IMO) replacing the engine harness and PCM, along with possible incompatibility of the electronics to your vehicle, due to the year differences.

Comment

I was afraid of that, really was hoping that swapping a harness and pcm would get it running. I did however manage to do the swap from the top instead of dropping the subframe and engine and trans, so that's a plus. Still a bummer.

Comment

try swapping the crank and cam sensors from the engine you removed and see if you get spark? could just be a bad crank sensor from the junkyard engine.

Comment

The equinox 3400 Crankshaft had a 24x reluctor in 2005-2006
          2007-2009 had a 58x reluctor wheel

So it looks like replacing the engine would be the easiest thing to do.
          1999 Olds Alero 2.4 to 3500 swap (running). totaled by a honda
          1992 lumina 4 door 3500 3spd auto 15.020 @93.5 mph
          1984 Cavalier type 10 hatch 3100 5spd!!!
          14.96@91.47 in the 1/4
          9.63@74.36 in the 1/8th
          14.30 on slicks! scrapped due to rust!

Comment

Got the old new engine pulled last night, taking it today to get the correct motor. Thanks everyone

Comment

Working...
            X