No announcement yet.

Fuel Injection to Carburetion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I see. He's using the new 5.7L Hemi that's in the trucks. The engine I was refering to is the old 426 Hemi that was found in classic muscle cars back in the 60's and 70's

Comment

how about a Viper V10 lol
      4+4+2=10 for Oldsmobile

96 Cutlass Supreme SL IV

I have 5 Gmail invites to give out

Comment

Ok, now it makes a little more sense what you want to do. I'm guessing you want to use the 3.8 because you already have it? Otherwise, why not use a 3400? Might be a better fit into the engine compartment...

As far as going EFI, it would be much easier. If you could get the harness and PCM out of the donor vehicle, it wouldn't be all that hard of a swap to get it to work. And it would be much easier than trying to mix and match parts to try to get a carb to work. You will also gain economy from the EFI setup.
        -Brad-
        89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
        sigpic
        Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

it would be cheaper in the long run and a beter combo if you got a 318,340,360 if your going to a carb you should go all the way. Its not as hard as you think PT are built on a neon platform switching to rear wheel is pretty easy as long as you have a welder

Comment

Moved to Off Topic
            I modify stuff

Comment

My question is are you going RWD or staying FWD. You may be better off sticking with the Chrysler v6's if you're going FWD. I know there wa a conversion done with a 3.8 from a van. It was in Hot Rod or something. I have it somewhere, I don't know if the engine would be a direct bolt up to your trans or not either. Another option would be the 3.3 from the Intrepids. I would suggest the 3.5 DOHC but, I think that would take some major modifications to get it to fit due to the size of the heads.

Comment

Why don't you just build the engine and put a big turbo on it and get a manual transmission, that would seem to be the easiest route to go if your looking for that, but also look at the little VW or whatever that was with the northstar in it. Any engine can fit into any car with modifacation, it just depends on how much you want to do.
                -Homer

Comment

3.8L 3800 Series ll engine into my PT Cruiser

Hi Guys. Yes, I read about the V-6 conversion that was done on that PT Cruiser.
                  Mother's, like in car polish paid various companies to do the conversion. They used
                  a V-6 from a specific Chrysler Van, and was able to bolt the engine up to the stock PT Cruiser transmission. They had other modifications that had to be done. My conversion will be a rear wheel drive one. If I was willing to cut into the firewall, I would then go with a V-8 engine. However, as much as possible, I don't want to change or modify anything on the inside of the PT Cruiser.

Comment

Working...
                  X