2.8 Beretta now has a 3100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.8 Beretta now has a 3100

I have an '89 beretta that had its 2.8 snap the crank in two so when I was offered a 3100 from a '99 lumina for $100 I took it. I ended up using the intake and FI off my 2.8 on it. I also had to fabricate one of the motor mounts for it, but it runs fine. What size are the injectors in the 2.8 and does the 3.1 use the same injectors? What about putting a Factory PROM from a '90 beretta or do I need to get a custom PROM? I got the motor complete with intake, FI, and wiring harness to the firewall with it and eventually plan on putting it back on the engine, but the car has already sat for 5 yrs and I don't want anything to go bad from sitting . I can only work on the car while I am on vacation since it is in IA and I am in FL.
    It runs good but I want to be able to use the engine's full potential So I think I need bigger injectors or a different PROM will be required, right?
    Thanks for your help!
    White '89 Beretta GTU with a 3400 under the hood. only a tranzgenic CAI so far!

RE: 2.8 Beretta now has a 3100

It will never be at its full potential with the 2.8 intake. The ports between the 2.8 heads and 3100 heads are quite different and really don't line up at all. And there is really no way to get them to match. There isn't enough matter between the 2 components to take off and still have something safe.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

RE: 2.8 Beretta now has a 3100

Comment

I used the intake gaskets to compare the two and they are enough alike to not hurt anything. The upper/lower plenum on the 2.8 looks pretty restrictive though but I have to use it for now until I collect the parts needed to put the 3100 FI back on the motor and get another chance to take vacation to work on it. My parents/brother are using it as a spare vehicle in IA. to try to get the cobwebs out.(it sat for 5 yrs.) I may not do anything else to it but put the chip/injectors out of a 3.1 to get a little more power.
        White '89 Beretta GTU with a 3400 under the hood. only a tranzgenic CAI so far!

Comment

Working...
        X