94 3.4 grand prix engine swap w/ 95 lumina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 3.4 grand prix engine swap w/ 95 lumina

I have a 1994 3.4 liter DOHC Grand Prix that jumped time and is now junk, I cannot find a grand prix engine, but could find a 95 Lumina 3.4L, does anyone know what all is involved in this engine swap? I know the coil packs are not in the same place, mine are under the front cam by the exhaust, and the luminas are on the left hand side by the plenum, please help.

RE: 94 3.4 grand prix engine swap w/ 95 lumina

They should be identical, with the coil packs in the same location. It wasn't until 96 that the coil packs moved and the engine was redesigned quite a bit.

Are you sure your current engine is junk? Where are you located?
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I am pretty sure mine is junk, I am located in Toledo, Ohio. I just cant find a Grand Prix engine anywhere. They are hard to find, so I think he Lumina engine is gunna have to do.

Comment

were you at high rpm's when it jumped time?? if not you may just need to replace the belt and time it. id definatly check before going through all that.
        92 Lumina euro 3.4 DOHC 139,XXX miles

Comment

If you're looking somewhere like Westwood, their computer should pop up and show you the interchange. Plus, if they dont have it they MAY be able to locate one for you. However, I am gonna agree... You might wanna look into the chance that the engine will still run just fine if you just set it back in time and repair it.
          97 Cavalier RS
          3400, Isuzu MK7

Comment

Working...
          X