Oil filter adapter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil filter adapter?

Why do you need to change the oil filter adapter on a 3400 to the one on the 3100 when doing the swap? The filter is the same, except the 3400 is longer, which is what i use on my '95 3100, because it will hold a little more oil and it is that much more filter, at the same cost. So i would think you just use a 3400 oil filter on the 3400 and be done?? Thanks for the help.
    Don\'t hate me because I\'m horny.

RE: Oil filter adapter?

Yes. Where did you see you needed to change it?

Only thing I can think of is the 3400 might not have the adapter to place the filter vertical.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

I don't exactly remember the page in the guide, but it is there, version 2.5.5 Talks about removeing a screw to put the 3100 oil filter adapter on the 3400. Thanks for the clear up.
      Don\'t hate me because I\'m horny.

Comment

never had todo that for my swap, the filters are excatly the same, the longer filter is the same thread pattern and everything. I used the longer filter since day one on my 3100 before I swapped. Only reason you would need the vertical adapter is if yu have clearnce issues putting it directly on the block.

Remeber tat guide is written to encompass the most number of bodies that may fit the 3400 easily, so youll see some things in there that may only apply to n-bodies or j-bodies. I think the guide was orignally based on an N-body IIRC.

1995 Monte Carlo LS
        3400 SFI 60v6
        FFP Underdrive Pulley, S&S Headers, LSD, ODBII Swap, DHP

Comment

Originally posted by Manitcor
          Only reason you would need the vertical adapter is if yu have clearnce issues putting it directly on the block.
          Or if you don't like to take a filter off and put it back on at an angle. I prefer to have the adapter just because of how it positions the filter. I too have used both filters, although I am currently using the shorter one because the sandwich adapter for the oil cooler makes the long filter the low point under the car, and I didn't really like that idea...
          -Brad-
          89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
          sigpic
          Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Working...
          X