Need help putting HM-284/3.4dohc in 89 Beretta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help putting HM-284/3.4dohc in 89 Beretta

My knolage of GM 5 speeds is limited, I was hopeing someone could help us out in this thread.

The Trans.im Using Is Out Of A Lumina Z34.the Intermeadiate Shaft Is Longer And The Splines Are Different.changing The Spline Is No Problem,thats Done.the Problem Is I Cant Fint A Shaft Short Enough With The Right Diameter.

There is a Member there (Chris) that is doing a similar swap.

Comment

This may be of some help?

Brian Edwards
      '73 Trans-Am
      '79 Suburban
      '90 Beretta INDY
      '90 Turbo Grand Prix
      '04 TSX
      '04 TL

Comment

IVE DONE IT.IT DOES NOTHING!I DONT KNOW WHY,BUT IT MADE NO DIFFERENCE.YOU NEED TO HAVE THE SHAFT CUT AND WELDED.GET 2 RIGHT SIDE AXLE SHAFT FOR A 94 CORSICA 3.1 5 SPEED.

Comment

What do you mean does nothing? Doesn't run well and not making a lot of power? BTW there never was a 94 corsican 3.1 5spd. 94 corsica had a 3100/4T60E.
          sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
          1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
          16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
          Original L82 Longblock
          with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
          Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

a 3.4TDC/5sp. in a L-body making no difference? Come on now man... even a poorly-tuned ass dyno could tell the difference between stock and that swap. ESPECIALLY in the top end.

My car sucks below 3500rpm

Comment

I meant if you were just putting that trans.in it doesnt do anything.i missed the part about the dohc motor.also i knoe they didnt put that set-up in the corsica,but theres a listing.auto zone part #9535.

Comment

Working...
              X