Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mazda B2600i Engine Swap

Hello all
    I have a 89 B2600i and want to use the 2.8 chevy or 2.9 ford and also want to use the mazda trany. because its 4 wheel drive. Has any one ever done this and if so can someone give me some info Thanks Jason Froehlich Viking62@kua.net

I dont know of anyone using a 2.8 in a mazda. Why the 2.8 though and not the 3.4? Would you be using the complete GM wiring for the engine bay as well?
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Maybe the Ford engine has a better chance of fitting onto the Mazda tranny? IF Ford was a big enough influence on them in '89
      Brian

'95 Cutlass Supreme- "The Rig"
      3400 SFI V6, 4T60e
      Comp Cam grind, LS6 valve springs, OBD2 swap, Tuned
      2.5" DP/ 2.5" dual exh/ Magnaflow Cat/ crap mufflers/ 3500 Intake manifold/ 65mm TB
      TGP steering Rack/ 34mm Sway Bar/Vert STB/ KYB GR2's

'08 Chevy Trailblazer SWB 1LT "Smart Package"- LH6 5.3L V8/4L60e, A4WD

Comment

I was told the 2.8 and 3.4 are diffent by the flywheel 2.8 has a flywheel around 10 1/2 inchs I was told but I don't know for sure and the 3.4 is the size of the 4.3 and does anyone know the size of the 2.9 ford flywheel and the chevy 2.8 flywheel I went to the junkyard to look at engine block piles and they don't have engine block piles no more. Also the side the starters are on. Why I did not go back to the mazda engine is because they want about $400.00 for the oil pump and $1700 for a rebuilt engine this model is all diffent from the new mazda its by itself. So any help I would be thankful for. Just are fishing truck and we need the 4 wheel drive and would like to be out there getting some cappie down here in St.cloud Florida. Thanks Jason Froehlich

Comment

Yea we would use the chevy wiring hopefully finding a 2.8 with a carb to get rid of the fuel injecting. Thanks Jason

Comment

The 3.4 is the same as the 2.8, so you are fine there. I don't recommend the carb setup since the injected versions make more power. I know there are 2 versions for the RWD though, internally balanced and externally balanced. The FWD are all internally balanced
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
            X