Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swaping a 3.4 Top end Onto a 3.1

Hey guys

I was informed from a member of Clubgp.com to come take a look at this site. As I am looking to get some gains out of my 3.1L engine. I'm driving a 1999 Grand Prix SE. I currently have a Fender Well Intake and Dual Exhaust Swap, with my Res and U-bend deleted. Now i was told I could swap the 3.4L top end onto my 3.1. Is this true? Whats all involved with this? Do i need to make modifications to the bottum end of the 3.1? Or is it direct bolt up? Also would are there any other parts that would need to be changed? Wiring harness? PCM?

Has anyone here done this? Are there fairly nice gains from it?

Thanks

Chris

3400 top end? If you get a 96-99 3400 top end, its as simple as swapping parts cause its the same setup minus port sizes. Even 2000+ 3100/3400 will work but you have to use the newer EGR. I have read that the new EGR uses your old connector so that shouldn't be difficult. The 3500 top end is where its at though. Again, bolts up but you will need to modify your exhaust manifolds or make headers. 3500 top end requires some vacuum line work but thats no big deal.

Hell, for the money id drop in a complete 3500 with external crank trigger and get a DHP tuner so you can program it all. Better engine, 200 hp stock. Throw a cam in it and it should be excellent.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
    X