Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 60v6 Meet: this one will happen, I promise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 60v6 Meet: this one will happen, I promise!

I said I'd plan a meet this year and I blew it sorta. I wasn't able to take off work because I was going to Pontiac Nationals. But then I decided I'd rather not sleep on asphalt for 3 days so I didn't go this year and I went and hung out with Ben and Jon instead. Then it occured to me I should have just planned the meet for that weekend and it probably would have worked as it would have met all the requirements from last year, do it before school starts. And.... that was kind of it.

Well my desire to not sleep on concrete hasn't changed. And I really don't need to drive 450 miles anymore to make 10 passes on a dragstrip in hot, muggy air with people I've never met. So instead I will plan and we will have a 60V6 meet in 2011. I'm making the thread now because I'm hoping with enough advance planning we can get a turnout bigger than the 12 we got last time. And hopefully we can find a weekend that will work for everyone. I'm OK with Bowling Green again unless someone has a better place in mind. If we want to drag race I suggest later as colder air means better 1/4 mile times. Need ideas, opinons, suggestions. Throw them out there. If you have an idea for a different place than Bowling Grenn, please provide suggestions for activities and places to stay and eat.

EDIT: I have finally found a program that allows me to edit the HD footage I shot from the 2009 meet easily. I will be finishing that footage and putting it together. It should be up on Youtube soon!
    Last edited by OldSkoolGP; 09-17-2010, 12:05 PM.
    I may own a GTO now, but I'm still a 60V6er at heart.

I'm up for Bowling Green. I would probably end up bringing the family, and hanging out over at the amusement/water park a bunch, but at least I would make it!
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

I'm in, if others are bringing family thats even better! Trying to ditch my kids puts a damper on things and they are starting to get into the cars more too.
      sigpicHow to make High performance Emissions:
      A "true" High flow converter, straight pipe.
      Low/No flow EGR valve, block off plate.
      Carbon canister and purge valve mod, place in large 30 Gallon can, cover, and place curbside, the city will do the rest.
      PCV valve and vent tube, reroute to exhaust to dump where it belongs, on the ground. Or add breathers and let it all free.

Comment

Bowling green would be? Id be down for coming to another bash as long as it does not conflict with v6z24

Comment

My wife and I are only 1.5 hours from Bowling Green, so we will be there with some type of 60V6 Fiero.

Comment

And for those of you currently building cars, a year should be enough advance notice. Get it running, get it to the meet. I will cry if there are more Honda Accords than 60v6 cars a la last year. I'll be in the GTO, but at least Ben will bring my old faithful Grand Prix. Just for my knowledge, has a date been set for the '11 V6Z24 meet?

Comment

No date for the '11 V6Z24 bash (or if there will be one). We kinda take it year by year but they have been attracting a bigger crowd lately so who knows.

later in the year would be better like you said for the cooler temps although i don't know if i'd run the camaro too much being so far from home. I guess we'll see how an ITB'd cammed 3500 does on an 8 hour highway trip with 3.73 gears.
              Past Builds;
              1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
              1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
              Current Project;
              1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

AS primised, I uploaded the first video from last year's meet. I'll work on the rest in the coming days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9D6LLzkriw

Comment

I'm game. Just sold the turbo motor, don;t know if the 'Bird will be running for yet another year ROFL
                  Links:
                  WOT-Tech.com
                  FaceBook
                  Instagram

Comment

The Mustang sure as hell won't be done, but I'd most likely bring the Rendezvous.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
                    -Brad-
                    sigpic

Comment

If your 'bird won't be running, I'd like another shot at that Bimmer. Did you make any upgrades to it yet?

Comment

Originally posted by OldSkoolGP View Post
                        If your 'bird won't be running, I'd like another shot at that Bimmer. Did you make any upgrades to it yet?
                        A couple......

Links:
                        WOT-Tech.com
                        FaceBook
                        Instagram

Comment

So who's going?

Comment

Depending on when it is, I'd say I'm at about a 75% chance I will go. My oldest daughter is in a year-round school, so she goes back usually the first week of August. We still may be able to make a long weekend out of it all, but who knows.

What about like the first year, when it was over Memorial Day weekend? Is that too early for people? Temps shouldn't be too bad at that time, and probably better than mid to late August.
                            -Brad-
                            sigpic

Comment

I'd totally be for that. I don't have any racing I normally do that weekend, and the odds are good we beat the summer heat. But I'd really like to make sure we do it during a time that the Corvette factory is opened. We missed out on last that year and it kinda riked me because they were supposed to be running up until about two weeks before the meet, then they decided to shut it down for the time we were there.

Comment

Working...
                              X