Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I get tubular rear control arms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get tubular rear control arms?

Thanks!
    Matt
    '93 Sunbird. 5spd, 3.1, it's fast. Oh, and 240k miles has proven lethal against Turbo Talons

I'm lurking occasionaly. It's tough because I'm usually too busy with the Army or my 5.0 Mustang. Which is for sale.

camaromanmatt@yahoo.com

gm makes a set for the 97+ Grand Prix that fits your car as well. gmpartsdirect.com is where I got mine but I have forgotten the part number.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Just the factory 97+ will directly fit in? And they are tubular?
      '93 Sunbird. 5spd, 3.1, it's fast. Oh, and 240k miles has proven lethal against Turbo Talons

I'm lurking occasionaly. It's tough because I'm usually too busy with the Army or my 5.0 Mustang. Which is for sale.

camaromanmatt@yahoo.com

Comment

97+ are not tubular stock. The GM p/n for tubular is 12498649. Get them at www.gmpartsdirect.com

Ben, they fit the older W bodies? Cool!
        sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
        1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
        16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
        Original L82 Longblock
        with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
        Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

yeah they fit gen1 and 2 cars. i had them on my 93 Z34. they went with it to the junkyard because the kid that put them on was a hack and overtorqued the bolts so much they would not come out with 5 foot cheater on my breaker bar.

i've seen enough bent/rusted out/broken stock rear trailing arms to say the gmpp tubular arms are a MUST for ALL w-bodies regardless of whether you are looking for performance or just daily driving.

Comment

Originally posted by IsaacHayes View Post
            97+ are not tubular stock. The GM p/n for tubular is 12498649. Get them at www.gmpartsdirect.com

Ben, they fit the older W bodies? Cool!
            That's a trailing arm, not a control arm

Originally posted by patgizz View Post
            yeah they fit gen1 and 2 cars. i had them on my 93 Z34. they went with it to the junkyard because the kid that put them on was a hack and overtorqued the bolts so much they would not come out with 5 foot cheater on my breaker bar.

i've seen enough bent/rusted out/broken stock rear trailing arms to say the gmpp tubular arms are a MUST for ALL w-bodies regardless of whether you are looking for performance or just daily driving.
            Ya I've owned 2 GP's (90 and a 91) and BOTH have the stupid assed same issue: rusting out, and rear shock towers blowing thru Well, my '91 hasn't blown thru YET, but it's DAMN CLOSE.

camaromanmatt@yahoo.com

Comment

The control arms from BMR will fit. I have them with the GMPP trailing arms on my Monte.

Tim
              1995 Z34 - T04E "60" trim, 42.5 lb/hr injectors, AEM WBO2, FFP UD&DB, 3" exhaust, 2800 stall, shift kit, tranny cooler, Powerslot, Hawk HPS, rear disc conversion, KYB, Eibach, HMS F&R STB, Fittipaldi Force 18" wheels, big stereo, lots more coming eventually...
              325 whp 350 lb-ft

Comment

I got the GMPP TA's and they are great for the price....MUCH better than stock.

The new Z06 exposes European sports cars for what they really are....overprice, underperforming snobs.

Comment

Ive got the BMR trailing arms on mine:

( stock vs BMR )

But then again it depends on how much you wanna spend...
                  sigpic
                  1994 Oldsmobile Cultass Supreme SL
                  3400/Getrag 284 5spd
                  1995 Chevy K1500 350c.i. 5spd Z71
                  350/NV3500 5spd
                  2014 Chevrolet Malibu LS

Comment

Tim
                    1995 Z34 - T04E "60" trim, 42.5 lb/hr injectors, AEM WBO2, FFP UD&DB, 3" exhaust, 2800 stall, shift kit, tranny cooler, Powerslot, Hawk HPS, rear disc conversion, KYB, Eibach, HMS F&R STB, Fittipaldi Force 18" wheels, big stereo, lots more coming eventually...
                    325 whp 350 lb-ft

Comment

The GM trailing arms are the same ones that come on the Monte Carlo with HD Suspension. I work at a GM dealer and for the record it's much cheaper getting the GM Performance Parts kit #12498649 than getting them seperate. And it makes a big difference in handling too!!

Comment

to bad the n-body guys didn't get anything like that

Comment

What is the part number on those Control Arms from BMR that run along the leaf spring? Those look great. How much of a difference did you see with those? ( the Trailing arms & the Control Arms?)
                          1991 Grand Prix STE
                          3.4 DOHC
                          1 of 792 Produced
                          Extensive Mods Done

1991 Lumina Z34
                          3.4 DOHC
                          Getrag 284 5spd
                          1 of 30
                          Canadian Z34 Models Made with the Getrag 5spd Wahoooo!

1980 GMC Sierra Classic C25 With 18,000 ORIGINAL MILES!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Oh, yeah control arms. I didn't catch that. I didn't know tubular ones were out there. Is BMR the only place to get em?
                            sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
                            1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
                            16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
                            Original L82 Longblock
                            with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
                            Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

The biggest difference was because of the bushings. They're much stiffer in all of the components. Much less squirming as the car loads up. With 16" wheels it wasn't as noticeable as with the 18's.

Tim
                              325 whp 350 lb-ft

Comment

Working...
                              X