Putting blocks in rear suspension....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting blocks in rear suspension....

Reason I was thinking of it is for preventing the throwing back motion of the car on hard take offs aka launching at the drag strip to keep the weight on the front tires, instead of it going towards the back of the car, giving more traction. Any thoughts on this?
    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
    Originally posted by Jay Leno
    Tires are cheap clutches...

I know of the moog helper blocks for the monoleaf. What kind of blocks are you thinking about?
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

i think the moog helpers might work for that. that is definitely annoying, my car launches like it should be rear wheel drive.

Comment

I was thinking of having some rubber or plastic blocks made. That way the blocks wouldn't hurt any of the parts in there. I should have someone watch the 92 and see if that car has the weight shift. I have no clue how much weight transfer it gets with the coil overs, but am curious to find out since traction is a good thing, lol.
        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

this is kind of a gettho way of doing it but i have seen it done and it does stiffen up the rear suspension..... lift up the back of the car off of the ground letting the suspension hang... measure the distance between the bottem of the mono leaf and the top of the inside of the center liftion point.. this is the geeeho part.... cut a 2X4 that is about an 1/8th of an inch longer that your measurment and hammer it into the space ....it will stiffen up the suspension alot.. and is easely removable... will also lift the rear about 1/2 to an inch... i havent personaly tried it... i havent had a reason to...but like i said have seen it done and it does work
          1994 Cutlass Supreme Convertible 3.4 DOHC
          1969 Oldsmobile 442
          1997 Chevy Tahoe
          http://members.cardomain.com/mperkins442

Comment

i'd puck the rear springs for drag racing on the weekends, but i wouldn't want to drive around with them in, ecspecially since its pothole season right now.
            26+6=1

Comment

I know all to well about pothole season. Bent one of the 18's on the 92 because I couldn't avoid a pothole due to someone going the other direction on the road I was going. Nailed one that was about 2 ft wide and about 2 or so inches deep. Cheapest I have found those rims is $300 a peice, and the place that had them for that price emailed me back saying they are discontinued. I'm thinking, ok, then WTF do you still have them on your site for the last 4 months then?!?!?! Really the only time I would do this is for the dragstrip.
              -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

my front end used to lift up but now that i have the lowering springs in there it doesn't lift at all.

Comment

Working...
                X