Brake Pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Pads

I wanted some good stopping power. Or as much as possible with stock rotors so I bought some carbon metallic pads. I tracked down a Preformance Friction dealer here and bought their pads. I was suprised how cheap they were, like $100.00CDN for four. Anyone else have carbon metallics? Specifically, Preformance Friction pads? What are some other good brands?

Lyle

Don't buy the rotor eaters.... err, I mean Perf. Fric. pads. Get some Raybestos Brutestops.

Comment

Well, fuck I already got the damn things. Before I found this site.....shit, can't send 'em back they were a special order. However I did hear that carbon metallics are a "keep the pads change the rotors" type of thing. Is it the Brand or the type? What horror stories do you have?

Lyle

Comment

I've never had any bad issues with the Performance Friction Carbon Metallic, or Performance Friction Z Rated pads..

Cliff Scott
        89 BerettaGT
        89 Volvo740
        Cliff Scott
        89 BerettaGT
        04 AleroGX

Comment

I love the PF pads. I've been using them for a few years on my Sunbird.
          60v6's original Jon M.

Comment

I've always used NAPA's Application Engineered (Carbon Metalic) pads.... gonna upgrade to the CERAMIX (their newer, higher line pads than the AE pads)
            1993 Chevy Lumina Z34; 4T60-E, CATCO 2.5" hi-flo cat, Flowmaster Exh, American Racing Aero Rims, KYB GR-2's
            1999 Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4V6 4WD, lift, tires, rims, exhaust, couple of tricks
            1962 Buick Electra 225 STOCK... and gonna keep it that way

Comment

For some reason I burn the the pf metallic pads like crazy, even after replacing my calipers, hoses, and rotors. Thankfully they're lifetime warrantied through autozone but it's still a pain replacing them a couple times per year. I used the raybestos silver (or something like that, from advance auto) on my cousins van though, and they seem to last a good bit longer.

Comment

I have brutestops right now, they're great. The front ones are getting pretty worn though, and I'm gonna switch to Hawk HP Pads eventually.
                --Rob
                Currently attending Wyotech, Fremont, CA. Start Date: 1.24.05. Grad. Date: 4.21.06
                1992 Chevy Lumina Z34 5 Speed FOR SALE $1400 AS IS RUNS WELL

Comment

Spec-One
                  I am back

Mechanical/Service Technican

Comment

Working...
                  X