13' brakes for w-bodys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13' brakes for w-bodys

I am tired of the w-body brakes, they suck. I have powerstop rotors, hawk pads and SS lines and my brakes are good but not excellent. So I am wanting to use these--

and design custom mounting brackets to use. I would be just selling the brackets, proabably $100 for the 2 and they would be some high quality steel so there would be no worreis about them cracking or what ever.

WWW.OverKillEngineeringMotorsports.com

Adapters is all you need for that brake swap? I want to see the end installed result. I'm in.

I got a set of 18" wheels but I also have a set of Stock 16" with Brand new Drag radials .

Fuck it, i'm in AFTER you install yours and put some miles on it.
    Corey's 95 GP - Engine/Trans installed
    02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
    www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

ehh, i don't need no stinking brakes. i'll just make mine handle better then i will not need to stop.

seriously, it looks very interesting but nothing i will pursue at the moment.
      Last edited by dohcfiend; 01-12-2008, 01:49 PM.
      The Official Rotating Mass Nazi

Comment

You'd have to make them for the 95-99 front strut housings as well, they use a different adapter with slightly bigger brakes. And you don't want to just go putting 13" brakes on the front without upgrading the rears as well, at least 11.5" for balance.
        I may own a GTO now, but I'm still a 60V6er at heart.

Comment

Yeah, but I just wanna see if these make a difference.

Comment

i think its a safe bet that they will make a difference.........
            [SIGPIC]
            12.268@117... 11's to come!
            turbo 3400: 358whp and 365tq at 9 psi
            ASE Master Technician. GM Certified.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ibU1k8UZoo
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUqJyopd720

Comment

Oh it will make a difference. Just upgrading from the stock 91-94 brakes to the 95-99 brakes all around made a huge difference!

Comment

Regardless of what you put on there you are still going to have that same pedal feel, which is a general trait of vacumm boosted brakes... I've always felt a bigger master cylinder is the way to go....

I dont have any issues with my brakes...I use full cast rotors and quality pads. For the rears I run the stainless steel sliders which for the past 10 years I'm still using the same brake calipers. Different cars though hehehehe
                Last edited by gpse3400; 01-14-2008, 10:01 PM.
                Lorenzo
                '11 DODGE Challenger R/ T Classic 57M6 Green with Envy "Giant Green Squid"
                '92 PONTIAC Grand Prix SE 34TDCM5 "Red Lobster"

Comment

Well that is a huge problem with the W cars. The booster is far too powerful and it blows the seals in the master. I put a new master on mine this spring and I remember the moment it blew out the seals, I could feel the pedal instantly get mushy, and it's been that way since. When it was working I could easily lock up all four wheels, but under hard braking I still have enough to lock up the rears.

Comment

Unfortunately for my car that has ABS I cant swap out master cylinder..atleast not the way I'd like to do it....I'm thinking an old M/C from an old late 80's G body might work. They use the same booster but a bigger M/C. that should give you better pedal feel and better modulation. Another thing that is hugly important is parking brake adjustment and purging all the air out for all First Generation W's. I really think the brakes are just fine for everyday use(providing they are updated with the best replacement parts and serviced correctly), The master is the problem....

The Powermaster is a pita but those are the best feeling brakes I have ever felt on a Wbody any year.. Hydro boost gives the best feeling and modulation imho. Braking action is immediate as opposed to vacuum assist where you have the buffer zone of no response.
                    Last edited by gpse3400; 01-15-2008, 06:07 AM.
                    Lorenzo
                    '11 DODGE Challenger R/ T Classic 57M6 Green with Envy "Giant Green Squid"
                    '92 PONTIAC Grand Prix SE 34TDCM5 "Red Lobster"

Comment

I replaced my pads last year with the cheapest pad I could find for my Cutlass and they have held up pretty good. It stopped fair under hard braking.

I've recently purchased new calipers/rotors and pads /w the best I could buy ($330.00) for everything including mounting brackets. I have yet to swap them in; I intend to do that once I get my motor/trans back in. I'm eager to see how much of a difference they'll make.

Has anyone had the plug for the ABS just break on them??? Cause mine did. When I get the calipers off I'm going to "fix" it but damn. It's weird cause both sides seem to have been "cut" and then "twisted" together /w electric tape. But the wires are cut at a angle /w all wires flush.

Has anyone else notices such /w the ABS plug?

Comment

Everyone stay on topic please. Or create a new one :P
                        Corey's 95 GP - Engine/Trans installed
                        02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
                        www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

OK guys, I have bought the calipers, just need to get some rotors.

Comment

Ok guys, I have a list of people looking to get these brackets made. Here is the list so far. I am only doing one run, so if you dont trust me, DONT put your name. Also if you dont have any money DONT put your name. I am putting out alot of money, so if your name is on the list, I will have a set made. When they are done I will send you a pick of them on and off the car to show that they do work.

1. dohc v6 - 2 sets, one 10.9 and one 11.25
                            2. blackbird21 - 1 Set 11.25
                            3.intern8tion9l - 1 set 10.9
                            4.Blackbombshell95 1 set of 11.25
                            5. Lakefxgp96 1 set of 11.25
                            6. GhrarhG 1 set of 10.9

Comment

For all of you that dont visit w-body.com, here is what is up with the 13" brake upgrade.

Comment

Working...
                              X