Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any way at all to make it handle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahhh, thought so. cool, thanks for the verification!
    Andy

sigpic

fastest 1/8: 10.19@ 67.17
    fastest 1/4: 16.16@ 82.70

62mm TB, 1.6 roller tip rockers, Ostrich 2.0, UD pulley, TB heater bypass, K&N, 180* stat, No cat, 99Grand AM dual cooling fans. 4T65E swap FDR 3.69, EP LSD, F.A.S.T. transmission controller, TransGo shift kit.

Comment

sorry to bring back a zombie thread, but now im trying to bag the car, im having trouble finding air struts for it
      if found some that fit 88-96 regals
      and ones that fit 97+ centurys, mine is a 95 actually, an A body, not a W body like the 97 plus
      if found them for other cars too, i understand the bodys are different in wheelbase, but are there any that share similar struts?
      my theory was that if some had the same engine, transmission, bolt pattern ect, theres a possibility they may share strut design

if not and im wasting time, does anyone know of somewhere that makes air ride parts for an old A body like mine?
      thanks, Mark

Comment

there was a Century GS or GNX or something like that back in the day... but strut tower braces are pretty easy to make and help out too with the left to right turns and i noticed it kept my buick regal more level on rough roads... like BAD dirt roads or roads where the ice and snow are melting in pits.

My Cardomain Page | My Random Online Gallery<- (Now Fixed)

Comment

not that familiar with your A-body, but i wouldn't waste time with air bags. unless you plan on using them for launch control for drag-racing. they will make the springs rather stiff and make the car bouncy (rice like). as for parts matching up, you may be able to use another vehicles spindle assembly. you'll have to consider, bearing mounting, cv shaft size, ball joint size, spindle shape, and how far up or down it may make the car sit, if not the same. have you properly lowered your car, or used bigger sway bars with polyurethane bushings?
          Andy

sigpic

62mm TB, 1.6 roller tip rockers, Ostrich 2.0, UD pulley, TB heater bypass, K&N, 180* stat, No cat, 99Grand AM dual cooling fans. 4T65E swap FDR 3.69, EP LSD, F.A.S.T. transmission controller, TransGo shift kit.

Comment

i think i should have made a new thread, im not trying to make it handle anymore, im wanting full on air ride, just to be a cruiser

Comment

ahhh completely different from making it handle. their has to be someone out there that will even custom make that for you. good luck in your quest!
              Andy

sigpic

Comment

A quick look at part numbers for other FWD cars struts/bags around the same year of your car would tell you if the strut stuff is the same. Go to www.rockauto.com and look up stuff for different cars as well as your car. If you click one spot in the item descrption (forgot where ATM) it will tell you what other vehicles the parts you are looking at will bolt up to. Quick and easy cross reference.
                -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                Originally posted by Jay Leno
                Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

theres always the other option.

learn how to weld.

My Cardomain Page | My Random Online Gallery<- (Now Fixed)

Comment

Working...
                  X