Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conversion kit for 93 park avenues? (rear shock)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question : Conversion kit for 93 park avenues? (rear shock)

I converted my mom's 2002 sts to coil assisted shocks from air shocks and it was cheap and simple. Used a monroe shock kit.

I was hoping to find a similar for my 93 park avenue but have not been able to. Do any of you know if there is such a kit?

Thanks!

Looks to me like you can get shocks for that purpose on Rockauto.com... new stock springs to if you were so inclined...
    sigpic

"When you don't do anything, you have plenty of time to post questions that don't mean anything tomorrow."
    - Ben

Comment

Originally posted by carbon View Post
      Looks to me like you can get shocks for that purpose on Rockauto.com... new stock springs to if you were so inclined...
      Thank you sir. Those will work. I just needed to find something that would take the place of the air shocks.

I haven't been under the car in the rear. Are there also springs? My main goal is just to raise the rear back to stock height, and to keep from looking like Uncle Buck going over the bridge around here.

Comment

LOL Uncle Buck...

I'm pretty sure there are real springs back there as well... the air chamber in the shock is just an 'auxiliary' to add to the total spring rate to adjust ride height... that's how the system on my Saturn minivan works, as was the system on my step-dad's ol' 94 Lincoln Town Car.
        sigpic

"When you don't do anything, you have plenty of time to post questions that don't mean anything tomorrow."
        - Ben

Comment

Working...
        X