Where to get a 4T60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get a 4T60

Hey guys I'm just doing some research, and I'm wondering which vehicles came with a non-electronic 4T60. Specifically, I'm looking at U vans for their iron head setup. Any info will be appreciated!

i thought the 4t60 WAS the electronic version of the 440T4

Comment

I'm no expert, but I think the 440t4 was called a 4T60 in later models, and the 4T60E was the electronic version. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong..

Comment

yah i think ur right

Comment

4T60 - 440T4 are the same. Basically, read this and look for some of those vehicles prior to the years listed and you will most likely find a 4T60.
          -Brad-
          89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
          sigpic
          Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

88-92 w bodies that don't have a 3.4 DOHC are going to be your best bet. 3.33 FDR as well.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

the lumina apv/transport vans with the 3.1l ironhead came with a th125 (3t40). only the vans with the 3800 came with the 4t60 and 4t60e.

have a look out for cutless cierras. tons of them around and they are likley the easyest to get out.

Comment

The cutlass cieras came with the iron head 3.1 and 4t60? very interesting....

Comment

thats actualy not what i meant. i meant the 440t4/4t60 came in most of those cars. they had a 2.8l carbed, 2.8 mpfi and even the 3.1l in later years.

the 3.1l ironhead fwd motor was only in the transport/apv.

Comment

gotcha, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X