No announcement yet.

getrag 284

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which technically it shouldn't be hard to get a parts list or cross-reference list out of them, just cause they could care less about it now. Its anybody's guess, I havn't been having much luck getting anything out of anybody.

Comment

I have tried and gave up anymore... Even though in the day it was easy to get parts but not anymore on the more intensive parts.

However GM does still carry some stuff, but as for rebuild or major parts good luck.

As for cross referances, it is like a top secret or something that deals with national security.
      I am back

Mechanical/Service Technican

Comment

Hopefully some fiero owner figures something out in the near future

Comment

hell, i wish I had a 284 in my fiero...
          I modify stuff

Comment

I have a rebuilt 284 tranny on a skid all wrapped up in my basement .. Its my spare and will be going into my GP in the spring, when I get enough $$ to rebuild my 3.4LTDC ..
            But anywho, there is a 1992 Getrag 284 in my car that is gonna be replaced. It has a little over 100k miles on it, and will be posted for sale. Lets say in 2weeks .. anyone interested ? :P

Comment

New Haven County?! Why did I just notice this now. I live in New Haven county too. Right now I'm at UConn though. We gotta have a 284 gathering now! Even though I think it would be just the 2 of us. My GP is off the road till May though, until the semester lets out.
              1991 Grand Prix GTP LX9swap/Getrag 284 --- SOLD =(
              1994 Corvette
              LT1/ZF6
              2006 Dodge Dakota 4x4
              3.7/42RLE

Comment

So we have gotten this much. The only fucked up part of the 284 is the synchros. And those havn't been found yet. What if I(or someone with spares) sent all the synchros in to the current Getrag(or any other company for that matter) and had the company build a set to the exact same specs? Would this be possible?

Comment

I dont see why not, but cost efficiency is a big issue

Comment

I see different rebuild kits for the Getrag 290 and other models. Are the parts backwards compatible?

Comment

Working...
                    X