1991 Z34 Auto to 5 speed swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 Z34 Auto to 5 speed swap

I just got a 1992 Z34 Lumina 5 Speed. The car is beat to death. I have a 1991 Z34 that is mint .I already put the 5 speed in my 91 and the shifter and the peddel. I am having a prob with the clutch master clyinder. In the 92 car the whole in the fire wall was square. and in my 91 it is round. Also I can not get the rob in the master clyinder to line up right with the Clutch peddel. Has anyone ever ran Into this problum doing a swap???? Need help on this one.

You need to swap the firewall plate. The size and angle are different, though you should be able to get the rod to line up with the clutch pedal if you grind out the round hole. We did this on john's Z34 but I swapped the firewall plate out when I did my swap.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

SO is there any way possible that i can use the plate that is in my 1991??

Comment

It would be easier if you had a template to look at for the shape, but yes, if you can use a dremel tool to make the same shape, you can make it work.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

SO I would have to make the round whole into a square one is what you are saying.

Comment

Yup, but with different notches so that you can get it through and twist it. Then use a screw to hold it in place. That is how the stock 5 speed setup works.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Hey thanks for your help Now I know what I have to do

Comment

Working...
              X