No announcement yet.

transmission replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HEHE, yeah.. it was kinda fun dropping an almost 200 lb piece of aluminum to the ground.. as for the flush... done and done.. the trans is in and almost everything is done... I have a couple of bolts that have gone missing so i am waiting on them... *sigh*

Comment

As for the align ment is there any home grown way of doing this..

Comment

Originally posted by Rhedalert View Post
        you're braver than I am. I never want to pull a trans from the bottom unless I have a lift, supports, and a good transmission jack.
        I've done it without a lift and supports. I did use a pair of jack stands though, and a regular floor jack :P It sucked, but by-golly I got-r-done. I went at holding the engine up with a hillbilly method, but I am in Indiana, so I can do that :P I used a 4x4 with a chain wrapped around it with blocks inside the drip rail for the hood holding it up off of the fenders, lol. Yes, a lift would have been nice. Yes, so would a tranny jack, but you make do with what you've got :P
        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
        91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
        92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
        94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
        Originally posted by Jay Leno
        Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Google is your friend
          -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
          91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
          92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
          94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
          Originally posted by Jay Leno
          Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Help me please

OK, bolts are obviously not coming from my freind and he has helped so much i am not hounding him about them ... the car still sits..

help me please...

I need the 2 bolts that connect the transmission to a right angle, for the most part, bracket that connects to the engine block. These are on the passenger side. WHAT ARE THESE BOLTS?

If u give the info i might be able to just go buy them someplace.

Please help. Maybe someone knows. I do not. I would love to know where these botls went. The only thing i can think is they went with the old transmission.

Comment

OH BTW .. thanks for the allignment links.

Comment

Working...
              X